Export-Import Bank Act of 1945: Hearings Before ... , 79-1 on H.R. 3464 and H.R. 3490, Superseded by H.R. 3771 ... , July 11 and 12, 1945, 1. sējums
1945 - 90 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
able ACHESON Administrator agency American amount assist authority Bank of Washington believe bill Board Board of Directors borrower Bretton Woods BUFFETT BURGESS capital CHAIRMAN commitments committee common Congress consideration corporation correct countries course CRAWFORD CROWLEY currency Department direction dollars economic effect equipment export Export-Import Bank financing follows foreign funds give going gold Government guarantee Import increase industrial interest International Bank issued Italy Johnson Act June kind legislation lend-lease lending limited loans materials matter mean ment Miss SUMNER MONRONEY necessary obligations outstanding participate Past operations payment percent period preferred present President purchase question reason Reconstruction record Republic Secretary securities statement TALLE TAYLOR thing Thom tion trade Treasury true understand United Wolcott
6. lappuse - The Secretary of the Treasury, in his discretion, is authorized to purchase any obligations of the Corporation issued hereunder, and for such purpose the Secretary of the Treasury is authorized to use as a public-debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities hereafter issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended, and the purposes for which securities may be issued under such Act, as amended, are extended to include any purchases of the Corporation's obligations hereunder.
6. lappuse - Is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended, and the purposes for which securities may be issued under that Act, as amended, are extended to include any purchases of such notes and obligations.
5. lappuse - Washington (hereinafter called the "bank") is to aid in financing and to facilitate exports and imports and the exchange of commodities between the United States and any of its territories and insular possessions and any foreign country or the agencies or nationals thereof.
4. lappuse - The Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and directed to purchase any obligations of the Corporation to be issued hereunder and for such purpose the Secretary of the Treasury is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act...
2. lappuse - ... may elect a successor to hold office for the unexpired portion of the term of the director whose place shall be vacant, and until the election of a successor.
5. lappuse - ... (e) No director, officer, attorney, agent, or employee of the bank shall in any manner, directly or indirectly, participate in the deliberation upon or the determination of any question affecting his personal interests, or the interests of any corporation, partnership, or association in which he is directly or indirectly personally interested.
5. lappuse - It is the policy of the Congress that the Bank in the exercise of its functions should supplement and encourage and not compete with private capital...
5. lappuse - The President shall from time to time designate one of the members of the Council to preside over meetings of the Council during the absence, disability, or unavailability of the Chairman.
8. lappuse - In order to coordinate the policies and operations of the representatives of the United States on the Fund and the Bank and of all agencies of the Government which make or participate in making foreign loans or which engage in foreign financial, exchange or monetary transactions...