Regulations 45 Relating to the Income Tax and War Profits and Excess Profits Tax Under the Revenue Act of 1918 with Addenda Containing All Treasury Decisions to December 2, 1919
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1920 - 335 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accordance acquired actually addition allowed amount apply approval assessed assets authorized average bank basis beginning bonds calendar cent centum certificates charged claim collected collector Commissioner compensation computed contract corporation cost deductions depletion depreciation derived determined difference distributive dividends earnings ending entire entitled exceed excess profits exemption expenses facts fair market value filed fiscal gain gross income imposed included income tax individual installment interest invested capital issued less liberty loan loss March means months necessary net income obligations operating organized original owner paid partnership payment period personal service corporation portion prewar prior profits tax purchase rates reasonable received reserve resident respect Revenue Act revised securities share showing sources specific statute and articles stockholders subdivision surplus taxable taxpayer thereof tion trust United unless withholding
259. lappuse - If any clause, sentence, paragraph, or part of this Act shall for any reason be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, such judgment shall not affect, impair, or invalidate the remainder of this Act, but shall be confined in its operation to the clause, sentence, paragraph, or part thereof directly involved in the controversy in which such judgment shall have been rendered.
50. lappuse - That in computing net income there shall be allowed as deductions: (1) All the ordinary and necessary expenses paid or incurred during the taxable year in carrying on any trade or business, including a reasonable allowance for salaries or other compensation for personal services actually rendered...
215. lappuse - ... shall, in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, be fined not more than $10,000, or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.
151. lappuse - In cases where receivers, trustees in bankruptcy, or assignees are operating the property or business of corporations, such receivers, trustees, or assignees shall make returns for such corporations in the same manner and form as corporations are required to make returns. Any tax due on the basis of such returns made by receivers, trustees, or assignees shall be collected in the same manner as if collected from the corporations of whose business or property they have custody and control.
131. lappuse - Fraternal beneficiary societies, orders, or associations, (a) operating under the lodge system or for the exclusive benefit of the members of a fraternity itself operating under the lodge system...
205. lappuse - The amount so added to any tax shall be collected at the same time and in the same manner and as part of the tax unless the tax has been paid before the discovery of the neglect, falsity, or fraud, in which case the amount so added shall be collected in the same manner as the tax.
28. lappuse - Includes gains, profits, and income derived from salaries, wages, or compensation for personal service * * * of whatever kind and in whatever form paid, or from professions, vocations, trades, businesses, commerce...
50. lappuse - ... rentals or other payments required to be made as a condition to the continued use or possession, for purposes of the trade or business, of property to which the taxpayer has not taken or is not taking title or in which he has no equity...