Conditions of Government Contracts: Hearing Before the Committee on the Judiciary, House of Representatives, Seventy-fourth Congress, First Session, on S. 3055, to Provide Conditions for the Purchase of Supplies and the Making of Contracts, Loans, Or Grants by the United States, and for Other Purposes, August 19, 20, 1935, 1-2. sējumi
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1935 - 556 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
administration agency agreement amendment apply Association authority believe bidder bill Board CHAIRMAN child labor committee competition concerned Congress consideration contractor cost course Court Department Department of Labor determine effect employed employees employment establish fact factory fair Federal firms fixed follows give going Government contracts HEALEY increased industry interest legislation less limited living maintain manufacturers materials matter maximum hours mean ment MICHENER minimum wages objection officer operation paid percent persons plant ployees possible practical present President prevailing principal proposed provisions purchase question RAMSAY reason referred regulations represent respect responsible Secretary of Labor Senator Walsh shoe shows specific standards statement subcontractor supplies thing tion Trade trying United wages and hours week workers York
4. lappuse - Board shall have jurisdiction to issue to such person an order requiring such person to appear before the Board, its member, agent, or agency, there to produce evidence if so ordered, or there to give testimony touching the matter under investigation or in question; and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by said court as a contempt thereof.
369. lappuse - ... consumption, sale, or storage therein, shall upon arrival in such State or Territory be subject to the operation and effect of the laws of such State or Territory enacted in the exercise of its police powers, to the same extent and in the same manner as though such animals or birds had been produced in such State or Territory, and shall not be exempt therefrom by reason of being introduced therein in original packages or otherwise.
370. lappuse - States, or place noncontiguous but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, where said goods, wares, and merchandise are intended by any person interested therein to be received, possessed? sold, or in any manner used, either in the original package or otherwise in violation of any law of such State...
547. lappuse - ... to increase the consumption of industrial and agricultural products by increasing purchasing power, to reduce and relieve unemployment, to improve standards of labor, and otherwise to rehabilitate industry and to conserve natural resources.
4. lappuse - States for the District of Columbia, within the jurisdiction of which the inquiry is carried on or within the jurisdiction of which said person guilty of contumacy or refusal to obey is found or resides or transacts business...
7. lappuse - If any provision of this Act or the application thereof to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the Act and the application of such provisions to other persons or circumstances shall not be affected thereby.
496. lappuse - ... we cannot accept the doctrine that women of mature age, sui juris, require or may be subjected to restrictions upon their liberty of contract which could not lawfully be imposed in the case of men under similar circumstances.
166. lappuse - An Act to provide conditions for the purchase of supplies and the making of contracts by the United States, and for other purposes", approved June 30, 1936 (49 Stat.
538. lappuse - On the contrary, it belongs to the state, as the guardian and trustee for its people, and having control of its affairs, to prescribe the conditions upon which it will permit public work to be done on its behalf, or on behalf of its municipalities.