Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
American amount annual appears arrived average banks bills Boston British bushels Canal capital carried cent coal commerce considerable contains cost cotton court debt demand dollars duty employed England English equal established expense exports fact feet five flour foreign four France French give given hand hundred imported increase interest iron Island labor land lead less letter London manufactures March means Merchants Michigan miles mines months natural navigation notes obtained officers operation paid passed period persons Philadelphia port possession pounds present principal produce published quantity Railroad received respect result road secure ships statement supply taken tion tons trade United vessels volume West whole York
119. lappuse - No such law shall take effect until it shall, at a general election, have been submitted to the people, and have received a majority of all the votes cast for and against it, at such election.
120. lappuse - It shall be the duty of the Legislature to provide for the organization of cities and incorporated villages, and to restrict their power of taxation, assessment, borrowing money, contracting debts, and loaning their credit, so as to prevent abuses in assessments and in contracting debt by such municipal corporations...
119. lappuse - ... sufficient to pay the interest on such debt as it falls due, and also to pay and discharge the principal of such debt within eighteen years from the time of the contracting thereof.
119. lappuse - ... and every such law making a new appropriation, or continuing or reviving an appropriation, shall distinctly specify the sum appropriated, and the object to which it is to be applied ; and it shall not be sufficient for such law to refer to any other law to fix such sum.
433. lappuse - And while the public charges of government, or any part thereof, shall be assessed on polls and estates, in the manner that has hitherto been practised, in order that such assessments may be made with equality, there shall be a valuation of estates within the commonwealth, taken anew once in every ten years at least, and as much oftener as the general court shall order.
119. lappuse - ... dollars; and the moneys arising from the loans creating such debts shall be applied to the purpose for which they were obtained, or to repay the debt so contracted, and to no other purpose whatever.
168. lappuse - When people understand that they must live together, except for a very few reasons known to the law, they learn to soften by mutual accommodation that yoke which they know they cannot shake off; they become good husbands and good wives from the necessity of remaining husbands and wives; for necessity is a powerful master in teaching the duties which it imposes.
119. lappuse - The legislature may at any time, after the approval of such law by the people, if no debt shall have been contracted in pursuance thereof, repeal the same...
164. lappuse - ... the sum or net amount of the insurance becoming due and payable by the terms of the insurance, shall be payable to her, to and for her own use, free from the claims of the representatives of her husband, or of any of his creditors, but such exemption shall nol apply where the amount of premium annually paid shall exceed three hundred dollars.