Hearings Before Committee on Naval Affairs of the House of Representatives on Estimates Submitted by the Secretary of the Navy: 1912
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1912 - 1984 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
additional Admiral Cowie Admiral HOLLYDAY Admiral TWINING Admiral Watt amount applicant appropriation assistant authorized BATHRICK battleships better bill building built Bureau BUTLER Capt cent CHAIRMAN charged chief clerk coal coast commandant commission committee complete considered construction contract cost course dock docks duty efficiency engineer enlisted equipment estimate expenditures expense fact feet fleet Foss give Government GREGG guns head hearing Hobson included increase labor less machinery manufacture Marine Corps material matter mean ment military months naval navy yards necessary officers Panama plant powder practically present question reason received recommended reference repairs retired River ROBERTS Secretary MEYER ships showing statement station supply taken thing tion Title torpedo United vessels York
689. lappuse - Except as otherwise provided by law, all balances of appropriations contained in the annual appropriation bills and made specifically for the service of any fiscal year, and remaining unexpended at the expiration of such fiscal year, shall only be applied to the payment of expenses properly incurred during that year, or to the fulfillment of contracts properly made within that year ; and balances not needed for such purposes shall be carried to the surplus fund.
381. lappuse - The Commission may refuse to examine an applicant or to certify an eligible for any of the following reasons : (a) Dismissal from the service for delinquency or misconduct within one year next preceding the date of his application...
393. lappuse - Provided, That in making any reduction of force in any of the Executive Departments, the head of such Department shall retain those persons who may be equally qualified who have been honorably discharged from the military or naval service of the United States and the widows and orphans of deceased soldiers and sailors.
357. lappuse - That no part of any sum herein appropriated shall be expended for the purchase of structural steel, ship plates, armor, armament, or machinery...
386. lappuse - The period of eligibility shall be one year from the date on which the name of the eligible is entered on the register...
394. lappuse - Department, removal may be made summarily, and no statement of reasons need be filed. 3. Where a recommendation for removal or reduction in grade or compensation of an officer or employee is made to the head of an Executive Department by a bureau chief or other subordinate officer, the said head of Department may, in his discretion, require that the person sought to be removed be furnished with a statement in writing of the reasons for such action, and be allowed a reasonable time for personally...
265. lappuse - MEDICAL DEPARTMENT: For surgeons' necessaries for vessels in commission, navy yards, naval stations, Marine Corps, and for the civil establishment at the several naval hospitals, navy yards, naval medical supply depots, Naval Medical School, Washington, and Naval Academy, and toward the accumulation of a reserve supply of medical stores, $921,740.
691. lappuse - That from and after the first day of July, eighteen hundred and seventy-four, and of each year thereafter, the Secretary of the Treasury shall cause all unexpended balances of appropriations which shall have remained upon the books of the Treasury for two fiscal years to be carried to the surplus fund and covered into the Treasury...