Passenger Train Service, Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Transportation and Aeronautics ... 91-2, on H.R. 17849, and S. 3706
1970 - 187 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Adams Administrator affected agency agree amendment amount appear appropriate areas arrangements assistance Association authorized avoidable basic system believe bill carriers Chairman Commission committee Company completed Congress consider continue contract Contractor Corporation costs decision Department designated determined develop Dick DINGELL directors discontinuance employees enactment equipment established expenses facilities Federal FRIEDEL going Government House improved intercity rail passenger Interstate Commerce Commission involved issued January labor legislation letter loans losses March means million necessary Office operations passenger trains payment performed period points present President problem proposed protective pursuant questions rail passenger service railroad Railway rates reasonable received recommendations referred regional representatives request respect responsibility routes savings Secretary VOLPE selected Senate serve Southern STAFFORD STAGGERS statement submit suggest tion transportation United Washington Wyer
33. lappuse - The Corporation shall be a for profit corporation, the purpose of which shall be to provide intercity rail passenger service, employing innovative operating and marketing concepts so as to fully develop the potential of modern rail service in meeting the Nation's intercity passenger transportation requirements.
82. lappuse - No contract under section 401 (a) (1) of this Act between a railroad and the Corporation may be made unless the Secretary of Labor has certified to the Corporation that the labor protective provisions of such contract afford affected employees, including affected terminal employees, fair and equitable protection by the railroad.
154. lappuse - Any state, regional, or local agency may request of the corporation rail passenger service beyond that included within the basic system. Amtrak shall Institute such service if the state, regional, or local agency agrees to reimburse the corporation for a reasonable portion of any losses associated with such services.
115. lappuse - A railroad shall provide fair and equitable arrangements to protect the interests of employees affected by discontinuances of intercity rail passenger service whether occurring before, on, or after January 1, 1975.
114. lappuse - ... priority of reemployment of employees terminated or laid off; and (5) paid training or retraining programs. Such arrangements shall include provisions protecting individual employees against a worsening of their positions with respect to their employment...
37. lappuse - ... that rail passenger service can help to end the congestion on our highways and the overcrowding of airways and airports; that the traveler in America should to the maximum extent feasible have freedom to choose the mode of travel most convenient to his needs; that to achieve these goals requires the designation of a basic national rail passenger system and the establishment of a rail passenger corporation for the purpose of providing modern, efficient, intercity rail passenger service...
97. lappuse - to influence any member of the Commission . . . except by the recognized and public processes" go "to the very core of the Commission's quasi-judicial powers . . ." Massachusetts Bay Telecasters, Inc.
115. lappuse - SEC. 513. The Administrator shall take such action as may be necessary to insure that all laborers and mechanics employed by contractors or subcontractors...