Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
34 Stat accounts Act of Mar actual additional agent allowances amount annual apply appointed appropriation approved Army assistant auditor authorized bond bureau cause cemetery certificate charged chief claim clerks commanding compensation Congress contract Corps cost court deposited designated detailed direction disbursing discharge District of Columbia dollars duty eighteen hundred employed employee enlisted entitled establishment examination exceed executive departments expenses five furnished Government grade head hereafter hereby hundred hundred dollars issued judgment July June laborers limits ment military militia month necessary nineteen hundred officers Organized otherwise paid payment perform period person prescribed President proper Provided further purchase Quartermaster rank receive regimental regulations rendered respective retired Secretary Secretary of War sergeants serving soldiers subsistence supplies Territory thereof thousand dollars transportation Treasury United unless Volunteer
27. lappuse - If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such parties do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each of the parties to such conspiracy shall be fined not more than ten thousand dollars, or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
130. lappuse - The head of each department is authorized to prescribe regulations, not inconsistent with law, for the government of his department, the conduct of its officers and clerks, the distribution and performance of its business, and the custody, use. and preservation of the records, papers, and property appertaining to it.
30. lappuse - No contract or purchase on behalf of the United States shall be made unless the same is authorized by law or is under an appropriation adequate to its fulfillment, except in the War and Navy Departments, for clothing, subsistence, forage, fuel, quarters, or transportation, which, however, shall not exceed the necessities of the current year.
46. lappuse - No officer in any branch of the public service, or any other person whose salary, pay, or emoluments are fixed by law or regulations, shall receive any additional pay, extra allowance, or compensation in any form whatever for the disbursement of public money, or for any other service or duty whatever, unless the same is authorized by law, and the appropriation therefor explicitly states that it is for such additional pay, extra allowance, or compensation...
22. lappuse - Every claim against the United States cognizable by the Court of Claims, shall be forever barred unless the petition setting forth a statement thereof is filed in the court, or transmitted to it by the Secretary of the Senate or the Clerk of the House of Representatives, as provided by law, within six years after the claim first accrues...
10. lappuse - ... shall have a right of action, and shall be, and are hereby, authorized to bring suit in the name of the United States in the circuit court of the United States in the district in which said contract was to be performed and executed, irrespective of the amount in controversy in such suit, and not elsewhere, for his or their use and benefit, against said contractor and his sureties, and to prosecute the same to final judgment and execution...
127. lappuse - ... to require or permit any such laborer or mechanic to work more than eight hours in any calendar day, except in case of extraordinary emergency.
93. lappuse - No allowance or compensation shall be made to any officer or clerk, by reason of the discharge of duties which belong to any other officer or clerk in the same or any other Department ; and no allowance or compensation shall be made for any extra services whatever, which any officer or clerk may be required to perform, unless expressly authorized by law.
12. lappuse - ... after the allowance of such a claim, the ascertainment of the amount due, and the issuing of a warrant for the payment thereof.
34. lappuse - It shall be the duty of the Secretary of War, of the Secretary of the Navy, and of the Secretary of the Interior to cause and require every contract made by them severally on behalf of the government, or by their officers under them appointed to make such contracts, to be reduced to writing, and signed by the contracting parties with their names at the end thereof...