Administration's Welfare Reform Proposal: Joint Hearings Before the Welfare Reform Subcommittee of the Committee on Agriculture, Committee on Education and Labor, Committee on Ways and Means, U.S. House of Representatives, Ninety-fifth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 9030 ... September 19, 20, and 21, 1977, 5. daļa
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1977
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able additional administration AFDC amount application areas assistance basic believe benefit levels benefits better bill Carter cash centers CETA changes child Committee concerned Congress continue cost create economic effect eligibility emergency employment estimates expected fact Federal figures fiscal relief FISHER food stamps force funds give going Government grant housing income increase individuals labor legislation less living look major means medicaid million month mothers opportunity participants payment percent period persons poor poverty present President private sector problem proposal public service question receive recipients reduce rent represent RICHMOND single Social Security Social Security Administration social services statement supplement talking Thank things Title unemployed units wage WEISS welfare reform women workers York City
502. lappuse - The Congress hereby finds and declares that, in keeping with the traditional American concept of the inherent dignity of the individual in our democratic society, the older people of our Nation are entitled to, and it is the joint and several duty and responsibility of the governments of the United States and of the several States and their political subdivisions to assist our older people to secure equal opportunity to the full and free enjoyment of the following objectives: (1) An adequate income...
82. lappuse - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.
502. lappuse - Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. ... . " Very truly yours, CR:bk Charles Robert Attorney .in Charge Nassau County Lay/ Services CommHtss, inc.
502. lappuse - EVALUATION SEC. 207. (a) The Secretary shall measure and evaluate the impact of all programs authorized by this Act, their effectiveness in achieving stated goals in general, and in relation to their cost, their impact on related programs, and their structure and mechanisms for delivery of services, including, where appropriate, comparisons with appropriate control groups composed of persons who have not participated in such programs.
502. lappuse - States and their political subdivisions to assist our older people to secure equal opportunity to the full and free enjoyment of the following objectives: (1) An adequate income in retirement in accordance with the American standard of living. (2) The best possible physical and mental health which science can make available and without regard to economic status.
269. lappuse - Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and child nutrition programs over the next five years.
529. lappuse - Beginning our discussion of the rights of man, we see that every man has the right to life, to bodily integrity and to the means which are necessary and suitable for the proper development of life. These are primarily food, clothing, shelter, rest, medical care and, finally, the necessary social services. Therefore, a human being also has the right to security in cases of sickness, inability to work, widowhood...
502. lappuse - Efficient community services which provide social assistance in a coordinated manner and which are readily available when needed. (9) Immediate benefit from proven research knowledge which can sustain and improve health and happiness. (10) Freedom, independence, and the free exercise of individual initiative in planning and managing their own lives. DEFINITIONS SEC. 102. For the purposes of this Act (1) The term "Secretary...