Reauthorization of the Older Americans Act: New Jersey Perspective : Hearing Before the Select Committee on Aging, House of Representatives, Ninety-eighth Congress, Second Session, March 19, 1984, Elizabeth, NJ.
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1985 - 99 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities additional Administration Agencies on Aging appropriate area agencies assistance Association authority believe benefit better centers certainly Chairman clients College committee CONGRESS THE LIBRARY Congressman continue contributions coordination cost Council Department director Division on Aging effective efforts elderly Elizabeth employment example Federal field fiscal funds gerontology give going grant hearing housing important improve increased individuals institutions Jersey Kean College kind legislation LIBRARY OF CONGRESS meals meet million minority needs nutrition Older Americans Act older persons opportunity participants percent personnel planning population present priority problems proposal questions received recommend Representatives residents responsive RINALDO senior citizens served skills SMITH social specific staff statement successful testimony Thank tion Title TOLLIVER Union County units Washington workers WORTLEY
8. lappuse - ... (1) secure and maintain maximum independence and dignity in a home environment for older persons capable of self-care with appropriate supportive services; and "(2) remove individual and social barriers to economic and personal independence for older persons. "DEFINITIONS "SEC. 302. For purposes of this title "(1) The term 'social services...
53. lappuse - ... services to, and enter into contracts and financial assistance agreements on behalf of, their constituency. "Hawaiian homestead" means that land which was set aside for the particular and exclusive use of Native Hawaiians by the Hawaiian Home Commission Act (42 Stat. 108, July 9, 1921). "HDS" means the Office of Human Development Services within the Department of Health and Human Services. "Indian organization...
42. lappuse - Aging, the National Association of State Units on Aging and the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging on the reauthorization of the Act.
47. lappuse - USC 794) as amended, to the end that no otherwise qualified handicapped individual in the United States shall, solely by reason of his or her handicap, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
9. lappuse - ... independence. These goals clearly establish a framework for addressing the needs of the elderly; however, given the existing level of appropriations and program structure, the Administration on Aging cannot begin to achieve this mission. These goals also require that Title I make clear the responsibility of the Administration on Aging and the state and area agencies on aging to provide advocacy and leadership to achieve them. To make marked progress toward achieving the goals of Title I, we must...
97. lappuse - Mr. Chairman, and Members of the Subcommittee, thank you for the opportunity to submit a statement for inclusion in the hearing volume for outside witnesses. My statement supports the continued funding and efforts of NOAA's Climate and Global Change Program.
32. lappuse - I wish to thank you for the opportunity to be here today and to testify on behalf of the...