Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
40 hours 8-hour laws addition administrative agency agreement amended America amount apply areas assisted Association authority benefit bill building California Chairman Claims Committee compensation concerned Congress construction contract contractor or subcontractor contributions Corp cost counties coverage covered dated Davis-Bacon Act Department determined direct District of Columbia effect eight hours employed employees employment enacted enforcement Engineering established excess existing Federal Government final financed follows funds HAGGERTY Hours Act Hours Standards housing industry interest laborer or mechanic laborers and mechanics legislation liquidated damages Local March mechanics employed ment MORSE necessary Office one-half operating overtime overtime pay payment penalty performed permitted present President prevailing problem programs projects provisions reason relations Representatives respect Secretary of Labor Senator McNAMARA Stat statement statute subcommittee territory tion trades unions United vacation plan violation wage Washington week withheld workers workweek
8. lappuse - Changes in Existing Law Made bt the Bill, As Reported In compliance with clause 3 of Rule XIII of the Rules of the House of Representatives, changes in existing law made by the bill, as reported, are shown as follows (existing law proposed to be omitted is enclosed in black brackets, new matter is printed in italic, existing law in which no change is proposed is shown in roman) : TITLE 38, UNITED STATES CODE PART I. GENERAL PROVISIONS CHAPTER 1 GENERAL 101. Definitions For the purposes of this...
10. lappuse - Columbia, is hereby limited and restricted to eight hours in any one calendar day. and it shall be unlawful for any officer of the United States Government or of the District of Columbia or any such contractor or subcontractor whose duty it shall be to employ, direct, or control the services of such laborers or mechanics to require or permit any such laborer or mechanic to work more than eight hours in any calendar day except in case of extraordinary emergency.
12. lappuse - State" includes a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, Wake Island, the Canal Zone, and Outer Continental Shelf lands defined in the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act.
6. lappuse - Agency in individual cases may extend the expiration date of a determination whenever he finds it necessary and proper in the public interest to prevent injustice or undue hardship or to avoid serious impairment in the conduct of Government business.
10. lappuse - Territory contracting by the officer or person whose duty it shall be to approve the payment of the moneys due under such contract, whether the violation of the provisions of such contract Is by the contractor or any subcontractor.