Buffalo Soldiers, Protection of Paleontological Resources, Hibben Center, Boundaries at Gunnison, Kris Eggle Center, Lewis and Clark Center, and Carter G. Woodson Home: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on National Parks of the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, United States Senate, One Hundred Eighth Congress, First Session, on S. 499, S. 546, S. 643, S. 677, S. 1060, H.R. 255, H.R. 1012, H.R. 1577, June 10, 2003
United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. Subcommittee on National Parks
U.S. Government Printing Office, 2003 - 37 lappuses
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
addition agencies AKAKA allow amateur amendments American appropriate archaeological Association authorize believe bill Black boundary Buffalo Soldiers build Carter Center Chaco Chairman changes civil collection committee Congress Conservation Area construction continue cost County culture currently Department designation easement educational ensure establish exchange facility federal lands fossils funding Gunnison hearing heritage House important insert interest Interior Interpretive Kris Kris Eggle Land Management legislation Lewis and Clark maintenance memorial ment Michigan Monument Museum National Park Service natural Nebraska officers opportunity Organ Pipe Cactus paleontological resources paleontologists penalties permit prepared Preservation professional protect public lands questions recommended record requirements responsibility road Ross scientific Secretary Senator THOMAS significant Society specimens STATEMENT strike Subcommittee System testimony Thank theft tion United University vertebrate vertebrate fossils visitor center visitors Woodson Woodson home
10. lappuse - I will be happy to answer any questions you or the members of the committee may have.
20. lappuse - If any person fails to pay an assessment of a civil penalty (A) after the order making the assessment has become a final order and...
21. lappuse - ... from the date of the final order or the date of the final judgment, as the case may be). In such an action, the validity, amount, and appropriateness of such penalty shall not be subject to review. Any person who fails to pay on a timely basis the amount of an assessment of a civil penalty as described in the first sentence of this paragraph shall be required to pay, in addition to such amount and interest, attorneys fees and costs for collection proceedings and a quarterly nonpayment penalty...
21. lappuse - States to collect the penalty, and such court shall have jurisdiction to hear and decide any such action. In hearing such action, the court shall have authority to review the violation and the assessment of the civil penalty on the record.
20. lappuse - States by filing a notice of appeal in such court within 30 days from the date of such order and by simultaneously sending a copy of such notice by certified mail to the Secretary.
7. lappuse - Campbell (chairman of the committee) presiding. Present: Senator Campbell. STATEMENT OF HON. BEN NIGHTHORSE CAMPBELL, US SENATOR FROM COLORADO, CHAIRMAN, COMMITTEE ON INDIAN AFFAIRS The CHAIRMAN.
34. lappuse - ... it brings them into, or keeps them within, a public trust. Any other trade or commerce in scientifically significant vertebrate fossils is inconsistent with the foregoing, in that it deprives both the public and professionals of important specimens, which are part of our natural heritage. APPENDIX 2 JOINT POSITION STATEMENT BY THE PALEONTOLOGICAL SOCIETY AND THE SOCIETY OF VERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY ON PALEONTOLOGICAL RESOURCES ON US PUBLIC LANDS The Paleontological Society and The Society of Vertebrate...
17. lappuse - Mr. Chairman, thank you for the opportunity to present the Department of the Interior's views on HR 1776.