The Hoover Dam Power and Water Contracts and Related Data with Introductory Notes, by Ray Lyman Wilbur, Secretary of the Interior and Nothcutt Ely, Assistant to the Secretary
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1933 - 674 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
accordance acre-feet additional agency agree agreement All-American Canal allocated allottee amended amount and/or Angeles annual appropriation approved arbitrators Arizona authorized basin Boulder Canyon project canal Canyon project act capacity cent centum charge Colorado River Colorado River compact compact completion Congress construction contract corporation cost delivered delivery delivery of water Department determined diversion effect electrical energy energy allocated equipment event excess executed firm energy flood follows fund further hereof hereunder Hoover Dam Imperial installed interest Interior June kilowatt-hours lands lease less lessees ment Metropolitan Water District months municipality necessary Nevada notice obligation operation otherwise paid paragraph parties payment period power plant present priority reasonable reclamation reduced referred regulations reserves reservoir respective secondary energy Secretary Senator Southern California taken termination tion United
380. lappuse - In witness whereof the Commissioners have signed this compact in a single original, which shall be deposited in the archives of the Department of State of the United States of America and of which a duly certified copy shall be forwarded to the Governor of each of the signatory States.
414. lappuse - States or under its authority, or not, and shall be deemed to be for the benefit of and be available to the States of Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming, and the users of water therein or thereunder, by way of suit, defense, or otherwise, in any litigation respecting the waters of the Colorado River or its tributaries.
347. lappuse - In witness whereof, the parties hereto have caused this contract to be executed the day and year first above written. THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, By RAY LYMAN WILBUR, Secretary of the Interior.
378. lappuse - Basin" means those parts of the States of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming within and from which waters naturally drain into the Colorado River System above Lee Ferry, and also all parts of said States located without the drainage area of the Colorado River System which are now or shall hereafter be beneficially served by waters diverted from the System above Lee Ferry. (g) The term "Lower Basin...
603. lappuse - An Act appropriating the receipts from the sale and disposal of public lands in certain states and territories to the construction of irrigation works for the reclamation of arid lands...
283. lappuse - No person shall have or be entitled to have the use for any purpose of the water stored as aforesaid except by contract made as herein stated.
397. lappuse - For the purpose of controlling the floods, improving navigation and regulating the flow of the Colorado River, providing for storage and for the delivery of the stored waters thereof for reclamation of public lands and other beneficial uses exclusively within the United States, and for the generation of electrical energy as a means of making the project herein authorized a self-supporting and financially solvent undertaking...
308. lappuse - Act shall include water uses defined as "domestic" in said Colorado River compact. SEC. 13. (a) The Colorado River compact signed at Santa Fe, New Mexico, November 24, 1922, pursuant to Act of Congress approved August 19, 1921, entitled "An Act to permit a compact or agreement between the States of Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming respecting the disposition and apportionment of the waters of the Colorado River, and for other purposes...
128. lappuse - This contract made this 9th day of February, 1944, pursuant to the act of Congress approved June 17, 1902 (32 Stat. 388), and Acts amendatory thereof or supplemental thereto, all of which Acts are commonly known and referred to as the Reclamation Law, and particularly pursuant to the Act of Congress approved December 21, 1928 (45 Stat. 1057), designated the Boulder Canyon Project Act, and Acts amendatory thereof or supplementary thereto, between The United States of America, hereinafter referred...
263. lappuse - No Member of or Delegate to Congress or Resident Commissioner, shall be admitted to any share or part of this contract, or to any benefit that may arise therefrom. Nothing, however, herein contained shall be construed to extend to this contract if made with a corporation for its general benefit.