Departments of Labor and Health, Education, and Welfare Appropriations for 1957: Hearings Before the Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives, Eighty-fourth Congress, Second Session. Statements of Members of Congress, Organizations, and Interested Individuals
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1956 - 252 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
actual additional Administration agencies Air Force American amount appropriation approved Architect Army assistance Association authorized average balance Base believe bill budget building Bureau cancer Capitol Chairman changes committee complete Congress construction continue contract cost Department disease effective employees equipment estimate expenditures expenses facilities Federal field figures fiscal FLOETE FOGARTY follows funds give going Government grants Health hospital House important improvements included increase Institute Legislative Library MAHON materials mean mental million necessary NORRELL obligations Office operation patients percent period persons plans positions present printing problem projects proposed Public Public Law question recommended record referred Representatives requested result retarded salary Secretary Senate staff statement things tion United vocational
193. lappuse - At this point we will insert in the record the statement of Clyde T. Ellis, general manager, National Rural Electric Cooperative Association. Mr. Ellis has appeared before the Appropriations Committee many times in the past.
54. lappuse - OF THE CAPITOL Salaries: For the Architect of the Capitol, Assistant Architect of the Capitol, Chief Architectural and Engineering Assistant, and other personal services at rates of pay provided by law; and the Assistant Architect of the Capitol shall act as Architect of the Capitol during the absence or disability of that official or whenever there is no Architect...
236. lappuse - Both the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations have weekly clip-sheet services which summarize developments during the week of interest to their respective members.
149. lappuse - I respectfully refer you to Mr. Colin F. Stam, Chief of Staff, Joint Committee on Internal Revenue Taxation.
29. lappuse - For a technical assistant in the Office of the Attending Physician, to be appointed by the attending physician, subject to the approval of the Speaker...
19. lappuse - school facilities" includes classrooms and related facilities; and initial equipment, machinery, and utilities necessary or appropriate for school purposes. Such term does not include athletic stadiums, or structures or facilities intended primarily for athletic exhibitions, contests, or games or other events for which admission is to be charged to the general public.
60. lappuse - Congress might be expedited, such as by the extension of a rostrum, rearrangement of lighting, erection of partitions, installation of a public address system, or emergency repairs to mechanical equipment, that the Architect of the Capitol be in a position to meet these conditions promptly, without waiting the delays necessarily incident to the securing of a supplemental appropriation for items costing only a few thousand dollars.