Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
acid action advantage amount apparatus appears applied arrangement Arts atmosphere bars become called carbonate carried cause cent charge claim colour combination Committee common completed considerable consists construction containing continued copper cost course cylinder described direction distance dollars drawing effect employed engine equal experiments fact feet fire force four give given glass greater heat important improvement inches increase Institute invention iron known lead length less light machine manner manufacture materials matter means Mention metal method miles mode motion nature nearly necessary object observed obtained operation passing patent Philadelphia piece piston placed plane plate portion present pressure produced quantity railroads rails receive remark resistance road side solution steam stone sufficient surface taken temperature tion tube vessel weight wheels whole wood York
10. lappuse - One vessel of water rarefied by fire driveth up forty of cold water ; and a man that tends the work is but to turn two cocks, that, one vessel of water being consumed, another begins to force and refill with cold water, and so successively, the fire being tended and kept constant, which the selfsame person may likewise abundantly perform in the interim, between the necessity of turning the said cocks.
159. lappuse - Be it known that I, John Fitch, of Philadelphia, in the county of Philadelphia, the State of Pennsylvania, have invented a new and improved mode of preventing steam-boilers from bursting, and I do hereby declare that the following is a full and exact description thereof, reference being had to the accompanying drawings, and to the letters of reference marked thereon.
9. lappuse - I have taken a piece of a whole cannon, whereof the end was burst, and filled it three quarters full of water, stopping and screwing up the broken end, as also the touch-hole . and making a constant fire under it, within twenty-four hours it burst, and made a great crack...
17. lappuse - ... to hold by virtue of the patent or assignment, stating therein the extent of his interest in such patent...
19. lappuse - January, annually, a list of all patents which shall have been granted during the preceding year, designating, under proper heads, the subjects of such patents, and furnishing an alphabetical list of the patentees, with their places of residence; and he shall also furnish a list of all patents which shall have become public property during the same period; together with such other information of the state and condition of the Patent Office as may be useful to Congress or to the public.
17. lappuse - But no such disclaimer shall affect any action pending at the time of its being filed, except so far as may relate to the question of unreasonable neglect or delay in filing it.
20. lappuse - ... the Commissioner shall furnish the court with the grounds of his decision, fully set forth in writing, touching all the points involved by the reasons of appeal.
81. lappuse - A description and draught of a new-invented machine for carrying vessels or ships out of or into any harbour, port, or river, against wind or tide, or in a calm.
14. lappuse - Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirtysix, or in an assignment of any patent, or interest therein, executed and recorded prior to the said fifteenth day of December, may, without charge, on presentation or transmission thereof to the Commissioner of Patents, have the same recorded anew in the Patent Office, together with the descriptions, specifications of claim and drawings annexed or belonging to the same ; and it shall be the duty of the commissioner to cause the same, or any authenticated...