Endangered Species Act of 1973 (as Amended Through December 1996)
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1997 - 49 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Bieži izmantoti vārdi un frāzes
accordance activity agency action agreement amended applicant appropriate assessment assistance authorized carry certificate cies civil commerce commitment Committee concerned conduct conservation considered consultation Convention cooperative costs court critical habitat deems designated determination effect enactment endangered or threatened endangered species Endangered Species Act enforcement entered established exemption existence exportation extent Federal agency Federal Register final finding fiscal fish or wildlife foreign fund granted implement importation interest Interior issued jurisdiction land limited listed means measures native necessary notice paragraph penalty period permit person petition plants population prior prohibited proposed Protection provisions publish pursuant to section reasonable receiving regulation request requirements resident respect retary revision scientific Secretary species of fish species or threatened status submit subparagraph subsection substantial taking term thereof threatened species tion United unless violation warranted
42. lappuse - In case of contumacy or refusal to obey a subpena served upon any person under this subsection, the district court of the United States for any district in which such person is found or resides or...
4. lappuse - Nature Protection and Wildlife Preservation in the Western Hemisphere...
46. lappuse - The court, in issuing any final order in any action brought pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, may award costs of litigation (including reasonable attorney and expert witness fees) to any party, whenever the court determines such award is appropriate.
6. lappuse - take" means to harass, harm, pursue, hunt, shoot, wound, kill, trap, capture, or collect, or to attempt to engage in any such conduct. (20) The term "threatened species" means any species which is likely to become an endangered species within the foreseeable future throughout all or a significant portion of its range.
22. lappuse - Commission. (2) While away from their homes or regular places of business in the performance of services for the Commission, members of the Commission shall be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, in the same manner as persons employed intermittently in the Government service are allowed expenses under section 5703 of title 5 of the United States Code.
45. lappuse - Except as provided in subsection (b), any person may commence a civil action on his own behalf (1) against any person (including (i) the United States, and (ii) any other governmental instrumentality or agency to the extent permitted by the Eleventh Amendment to the Constitution) who is alleged to be in violation of (A) an emission standard or limitation...
5. lappuse - The act defines endangered and threatened species respectively as: ... any species which is in danger of extinction throughout all or a significant portion of its range...
45. lappuse - The district courts shall have jurisdiction, without regard to the amount in controversy or the citizenship of the parties...
44. lappuse - Any payment so made shall be deposited in the Treasury to the credit of the appropriation for the purposes of this title.
44. lappuse - ... the award of compensation to informers in respect of such forfeitures shall apply to seizures and forfeitures incurred, or alleged to have been incurred, under the provisions of this Act, insofar as applicable and not inconsistent with the provisions hereof...