Federal Securities Act: Hearing Before the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, House of Representatives Seventy-third Congress, First Session, on H.R. 4314, to Provide for the Furnishing of Information and the Supervision of Traffic in Investment Securities in Interstate Commerce. March 31, April 1, 4, 5, 1933 ...
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1933 - 248 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
advertising amendment American amount Appeals apply approval association authority bankers banks believe bill bonds BREED building BULWINKLE BUTLER capital carried CHAIRMAN clause committee communication concerned consideration corporation course court cover directors District effect exemptions facts Federal Trade Commission filed foreign foreign government fraud give given Government HEALY hearing HUDDLESTON interstate commerce investment issue issuer legislation liability loan matter mean Michigan MILLER offered officers PARKER pass permit person PETTENGILL possible practical present principle proposed protect provisions purchaser question reference registration regulations representative respect responsibility revoke securities seems sell shares situation sold statement statute suggestion thing THOMPSON tion transactions understand underwriter United WOLVERTON York
9. lappuse - If any provision of this Act, or the application of such provision to any . person or circumstance, shall be held invalid, the remainder of this Act, or the application of such provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid, shall not be affected thereby. SEC. 16. This Act may be cited as the "National Labor Relations Act.
105. lappuse - These contracts are not articles of commerce in any proper meaning of the word. They are not subjects of trade and barter offered in the market as something having an existence and value independent of the parties to them. They are not commodities to be shipped or forwarded from one State to another, and then put up for sale.
8. lappuse - Judgments and decrees so rendered shall be subject to review as provided in sections 128 and 240 of the Judicial Code, as amended (USC, title 28, sees. 225 and 347).
192. lappuse - Any security exchanged by the issuer with its existing security holders exclusively where no commission or other remuneration is paid or given directly or indirectly for soliciting such exchange...
2. lappuse - security' means any note, stock, treasury stock, bond, debenture, evidence of indebtedness, certificate of interest or participation in any profit-sharing agreement, collateral-trust certificate, preorganization certificate or subscription, transferable share, investment contract, voting-trust certificate, certificate of deposit for a security, fractional undivided interest in oil, gas or other mineral rights...
192. lappuse - ... as in cases of contract from any person who, if sued separately, would have been liable to make the same payment, unless the person who has become liable was, and the other was not, guilty of fraudulent misrepresentation.
7. lappuse - ... made in the course of repeated and successive transactions of a like character by such owner, or on his account by such representative, and such owner or representative not being the underwriter of such security.
13. lappuse - Act, shall have employed, or employs, or is about to employ any device, scheme or artifice to defraud or for obtaining money or property by means of any false pretense, representation or promise...
9. lappuse - Upon the application of the Attorney General of the United States, at the request of the commission, the district courts of the United States shall have jurisdiction to issue writs of mandamus commanding any person or corporation to comply with the provisions of this Act or any order of the commission made in pursuance thereof.