Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
ABCD added adjacent agree altitude applied Arithmetic base bend called centre common contain curve cutting definitions describe diagonal difference dimensions direction distance distinct divergence divided draw drawn equal extension exterior fall figure four Geometry given greater half identical inches interior angles Join kind length less letters magnitudes manner measure meet method mind multiplied obtain opposite parallel parallelogram pass perpendicular plane polygon position PROBLEM produced PROPOSITION Proved quantities radius rectangle regarded relations REMARKS represented Required respect result right angles rods schools Show sides solid space square straight line subtract surface tABC termed Theor thickness third triangle twice unequal units vertex whole
16. lappuse - He had demonstrated, unaided by any book or teacher, the proposition, that the sum of the angles of a plane triangle is equal to two right angles.
22. lappuse - A CIRCLE is a plane figure bounded by a curved line, all the points of which are equally distant from a point within called the centre; as the figure ADB E.
21. lappuse - ... that the angle inscribed in a semicircle is a right angle, and to have testified his joy by a sacrifice to the Muses!
156. lappuse - Side subtending the Obtuse Angle, is Greater than the Sum of the Squares of the other two Sides, by Twice the Rectangle of the Base and the Distance of the Perpendicular from the Obtuse Angle.
77. lappuse - A polygon of three sides is a triangle ; of four, a quadrilateral; of five, a pentagon ; of six, a hexagon ; of seven, a heptagon; of eight, an octagon; of nine, a nonagon; of ten, a decagon; of twelve, a dodecagon.
4. lappuse - Theory soon descends to guide and assist the operations of practice. To the geometrical speculations of the Greeks, we may distinctly trace whatever progress the moderns have been enabled to achieve in mechanics, navigation, and the various complicated arts of life. A refined analysis has unfolded the harmony of the celestial motions, and conducted the philosopher, through a maze of intricate phenomena, to the great laws appointed for the government of the Universe.
23. lappuse - Of four-sided figures, a square is that which has all its sides equal, and all its angles right angles.
24. lappuse - If the product of two quantities be equal to the product of two others, two of them may be made the extremes and the other two the means of a proportion.