Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Albia & Centerville Ames & College Aplington assessed Boone Valley Burlington & Quincy Burlington & Western cars cattle-guards Cedar Rapids Cent charges Chicago & North-Western Chicago Great Western citizens City & Ft City & Northern City & Pacific coal common carrier construction corporation Council Bluffs court crossing damages depot grounds Dodge Dubuque Dubuque & Sioux employes fence held highway Ibid injury Iowa & Dakota Iowa Central Iowa Central Railway Iowa Northern Island & Pacific Junction Kansas City Keokuk & Western liable Louis Mason City miles Milwaukee & St Minn Minneapolis & St Moines Union Muscatine Muscatine North NARROW GAUGE negligence Omaha & St operating passenger Paul person petition provisions railroad commissioners railroad company railway company Rapids & Northern rates Rock Island shipments shippers Sioux City Stacyville station statute Tabor & Northern thereof township track train Wabash Winona & Western
433. lappuse - All charges made for any service rendered or to be rendered in the transportation of passengers or property as aforesaid, or in connection therewith, or for the receiving, delivering, storage, or handling of such property, shall be reasonable and just; and every unjust and unreasonable charge for such service is prohibited and declared to be unlawful.
437. lappuse - ... of damages sustained in consequence of any such violation of the provisions of this act, together with a reasonable counsel or attorney's fee, to be fixed by the court in every case of recovery, which attorney's fee shall be taxed and collected as part of the costs in the case.
433. lappuse - railroad" as used in this Act shall include all bridges and ferries used or operated in connection with any railroad, and also all the road in use by any corporation operating a railroad, whether owned or operated under a contract, agreement, or lease; and the term "transportation" shall include all instrumentalities of shipment or carriage.
436. lappuse - That if any common carrier subject to the provisions of this act shall, directly or indirectly, by any special rate, rebate, drawback, or other device, charge, demand, collect or receive from any person or persons a greater or less compensation...
448. lappuse - ... nothing in this Act contained shall in any way abridge or alter the remedies now existing at common law or by statute, but the provisions of this Act are in addition to such remedies...
444. lappuse - ... expended, and the character of such improvements; the earnings and receipts from each branch of business and from all sources; the operating and other expenses; the balances of profit and loss; and a complete exhibit of the financial operations of the carrier each year, including an annual balance sheet.
444. lappuse - Commission and be heard, in person or by attorney. Every vote and official act of the Commission shall be entered of record, and its proceedings shall be public upon the request of either party interested. Said Commission shall have an official seal, which shall be judicially noticed. Either of the members of the Commission may administer oaths and affirmations and sign subpoenas.
441. lappuse - ... shall think fit, make an order directing such common carrier or other person so disobeying such writ of injunction or other proper process, mandatory or otherwise...
439. lappuse - ... it shall be the duty of the commission to investigate the matters complained of in such manner and by such means as it shall deem proper.
407. lappuse - ... the same shall constitute a liquidated claim for damages against such employer in the amount so ascertained and fixed by the board, which with an added penalty of fifty percentum, may be recovered in an action in the name of the state for the benefit of the person or persons entitled to the same.