Panama Canal: 1916, Hearings Concerning Estimates for Construction of and Fortification of [the Panama Canal], Fiscal Year 1916, 63d Congress, 3d Session
1915 - 264 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
addition allowed American amount appropriation Army authorized Balboa bill BRIDGES buildings CALDER Canal Zone cents CHAIRMAN charge claims Clerk coal Colon commission companies completed Congress connection construction CORNETT cost course cover CROZIER division employees engineer estimate Executive expenses fact fire force Foreman give GOETHALS going Government guns hospital included increase Inspector Isthmus labor land leave lights locks maintain maintenance Mason material matter McILVAINE mean month necessary negro operation organization paid Panama Canal Panama Railroad permanent plant police practically present President quarters question reason received reduced repair RICHARDSON SHERLEY ships sick side statement station supplies taken thing tion understand United wages WEAVER WINSLOW yards
40. lappuse - An Act to provide for the opening, maintenance, protection, and operation of the Panama Canal, and the sanitation and government of the Canal Zone...
40. lappuse - That all laws, orders, regulations, and ordinances adopted and promulgated in the Canal Zone by order of the President for the government and sanitation of the Canal Zone and the construction of the Panama Canal are hereby ratified and confirmed as valid and binding until Congress shall otherwise provide.
167. lappuse - Executive order that all land and land under water within the limits of the Canal Zone is necessary for the construction, maintenance, operation, sanitation, or protection of the Panama Canal, and to extinguish, by agreement when advisable, all claims and titles of adverse claimants and occupants.
44. lappuse - The law, as it passed, is the will of the majority of both houses, and ,the only mode in which that will is spoken is in the act itself, and we must gather...
40. lappuse - ... Panama Canal, and all duties, matters, and transactions affecting the Canal Zone, be subject to the order and direction of such officer of the Army. SEC. 14. That this Act shall be known as, and referred to as, the Panama Canal Act, and the right to alter, amend, or repeal any or all of its provisions or to extend, modify, or annul any rule or regulation made under its authority is expressly reserved.
40. lappuse - ... the President is authorized by Executive order to discontinue the Isthmian Canal Commission, which, together with the present organization, shall then cease to exist; and the President is authorized thereafter to complete, govern, and operate the Panama Canal and govern the Canal Zone, or cause them to be completed, governed, and operated, through a governor of the Panama Canal and such other persons as he may deem competent to discharge the various duties connected with the completion, care,...
195. lappuse - February twentvseventh, nineteen hundred and six, shall not apply to unskilled alien laborers and to the foremen and superintendents of such laborers employed in the construction of the Isthmian Canal within the Canal Zone.
166. lappuse - The Republic of Panama further grants in like manner to the United States in perpetuity all islands within the limits of the zone above described and in addition thereto the group of small islands in the Bay of Panama, named Perico, Naos, Culebra and Flamenco.
228. lappuse - For maintenance and repair of searchlights and electric light and power equipment for the fortifications of the Panama Canal, and for tools, electrical and other supplies, and appliances to be used in their operation, $7,500.
39. lappuse - Until Congress shall provide for the government of such islands all the civil, judicial, and military powers exercised by the officers of the existing government in said islands shall be vested in such person or persons and shall be exercised in such manner as the President of the United States shall direct ; and the President shall have power to remove said officers and fill the vacancies so occasioned.