Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
activities adequate administration agencies American appropriate areas assistance authority believe bill centers Chairman Commission on Libraries Committee communication concerned Congress continuing cooperation coordination create D.C. DEAR Department Director Education effective efforts establish existing Federal Federal Government field functions funding future Government hearings House of Representatives important improve increasing Information Science information services institutions interest JOHN BRADEMAS kind knowledge legislation letter levels librarians Libraries and Information Library Association library services March materials meeting ment mission National Advisory Commission National Commission National Library needs objectives Office operating organizations permanent National Commission planning present President problems programs proposed public library questions recommendations research libraries responsibility role scientific and technical Select Subcommittee serve Sincerely society specific statement studies Subcommittee on Education Thank tion United University users Washington
72. lappuse - Chairman of the Committee on Scientific and Technical Information (COSATI) of the Federal Council for Science and Technology ; and Chairman of the National Systems Task Group.
78. lappuse - Council away from their homes or regular places of business they may be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by section 5703 of title 5, United States Code...
79. lappuse - Schedule under section 5332 of such title, and (2) procure temporary and intermittent services to the same extent as is authorized by section 3109 of title 5, United States Code, but at rates not to exceed $50 a day for individuals.
26. lappuse - Act of 1964, the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 and the Higher Education Act of 1965...
80. lappuse - Commission findings, studies, ana recommendations. (b) The Commission is authorized to contract with Federal agencies and other public and private agencies to carry out any of its functions under subsection (a) and to publish and disseminate such reports, findings, studies, and records as it deems appropriate. (c) The Commission is further authorized to conduct such hearings at such times and places as it deems appropriate for carrying oat the purposes of this Act.
80. lappuse - Any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall be appointed only for the remainder of such term.
64. lappuse - President may receive compensation at the rate of $100 for each day such member is engaged upon work of the Commission, and shall be reimbursed for travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence as authorized by law (5 USC 73b-2) for persons in the Government service employed intermittently, SEC.
81. lappuse - Recognition and strengthening of the role of The Library of Congress as the National Library of the United States and establishment of a Board of Advisers.
58. lappuse - Libraries, on which further recomendations are based, is that it be declared National Policy, enunciated by the President and enacted into law by the Congress, that the American people should be provided with library and informational services adequate to their needs, and that the Federal Government, in collaboration with State and local governments and private agencies, should exercise leadership assuring the provision of such services.