Hearing on Housing, Energy, Transportation, Health, and the Older Americans Act: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Housing and Consumer Interests of the Select Committee on Aging, House of Representatives, Ninety-fifth Congress, Second Session ...
United States. Congress. House. Select Committee on Aging. Subcommittee on Housing and Consumer Interests
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1978
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able ADLER administration agencies aging appreciate Appropriations asked assistance certainly Chairman Clark County committee concern Congressman continue cost course director effective elderly established existing fact Federal feel field figures funds give Government hearing Henderson hope hospital housing authority important included income increase interested Las Vegas legislation LIBRARY OF CONGRESS Light limited live major Mayor meals meet Nevada Older Americans Act operation opportunity percent persons planning population present problems programs projects reason receive recommend regard represent require retired RINALDO ROYBAL SANTINI senior citizens serve social southern Nevada specific STATEMENT subcommittee talk testimony Thank things throughout tion transportation trying units utility Vegas waiting witness
35. lappuse - It is the purpose of this title to encourage and assist State and local agencies to concentrate resources in order to develop greater capacity and foster the development of comprehensive and coordinated service systems to serve older persons...
35. lappuse - ... (1) secure and maintain maximum independence and dignity in a home environment for older persons capable of self-care with appropriate supportive services; and (2) remove individual and social barriers to economic and personal independence for older persons. DEFINITIONS » SEC. 302. For purposes of this title (1) The term "social services...
1. lappuse - US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, SELECT COMMITTEE ON AGING, SUBCOMMITTEE ON HOUSING AND CONSUMER INTERESTS, Washington, DC The subcommittee met, pursuant to notice at 9:07 am, in room 2358, Rayburn House Office Building, Hon.
35. lappuse - ... entering into new cooperative arrangements with each other and with providers of social services for planning for the provision of, and providing, social services and, where necessary, to reorganize or reassign functions...
91. lappuse - ... to States and political subdivisions thereof with respect to programs for the aged and aging...
13. lappuse - I have no questions, Mr. Chairman. I just want to thank the witnesses for their responsiveness.
5. lappuse - Now, ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to present to you the gentleman from New Jersey, Mr.
13. lappuse - It is a real pleasure for me to be here this morning to discuss educational benefits for the members of the Selected Reserve.
32. lappuse - Federal Responsibility to the Elderly." All of our projects and as many of the other aging agencies that I could think of have received a copy of this pamphlet. At the beginning of it, Chairman Pepper expresses my feelings about fragmentation. In fact, I used it as part of my talk. The fragmented, inefficient, unmanageable, and incomprehensible way in which the Federal Government provides necessary benefits and services to the elderly is deplorable.