Availability of Power to Public Preference Customers from Central Valley Project: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Government Operations, House of Representatives, Eighty-fourth Congress, Second Session, September 24 and 25, 1956
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Government Operations. Public Works and Resources Subcommittee
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1957 - 273 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
additional agencies agreed agreement Ames amount arrangements asked August Base basis billing Bureau Bureau of Reclamation Calif California capacity CARLSON Central Valley project charge CHUDOFF city of Roseville Commission committee CONGRESS contract rate Contractor correct cost delivered demand Department dependable determined District effect energy estimated excess executed existing facilities fact Federal figures firm power Folsom Force furnished further Gas & Electric give going Government increase Interior July June kilowatt-hours kilowatts LANIGAN letter LIBRARY load meet meter month Moss Naval necessary needs Nevada nondependable notice operation Pacific Gas parties percent period possible power and energy preference customers present questions rate of delivery reason received Reclamation record reduction Regional representatives request requirements Sacramento schedule Secretary Senator SPENCER statement subcommittee supply THOMPSON tion transmission United Utility Washington wheeling
223. lappuse - The Contractor warrants that no person or selling agency has been employed or retained to solicit or secure this contract, upon an agreement or understanding for a commission, percentage, brokerage, or contingent fee, excepting bona fide employees or bona fide established commercial or selling agencies maintained by the Contractor for the purpose of securing business. For breach or violation of this warranty the Government shall have the right to annul this contract without liability or in its discretion...
222. lappuse - ... employment, upgrading, demotion or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship. The contractor agrees to post in conspicuous places, available to employees and applicants for employment, notices to be provided by the contracting officer setting forth the provisions of this nondiscrimination clause.
258. lappuse - ... permitted only upon the condition that every such laborer and mechanic shall be compensated for all hours worked in excess of eight hours per day at not less than one and one-half times the basic rate of pay.
263. lappuse - The Contractor warrants that it has not employed any person to solicit or secure this contract upon any agreement for a commission, percentage, brokerage. or contingent fee.
271. lappuse - In connection with the performance of work under this contract, the Contractor agrees not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, or national origin. The aforesaid provision shall include, but not be limited to, the following : employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer ; recruitment or recruitment advertising ; layoff or termination ; rates of pay or other forms of compensation ; and selection for training, including apprenticeship. The...
263. lappuse - No Member of or Delegate to Congress or Resident Commissioner shall be admitted to any share or part of this contract or to any benefit that may arise herefrom, but this restriction shall not be construed to extend to this contract if made with a corporation or company for Its general benefit.
222. lappuse - ... for each laborer or mechanic for every calendar day in which such employee is required or permitted to labor more than eight hours upon said work without receiving compensation computed in accordance with this article, and all penalties thus imposed shall be withheld for the use and benefit of the Government...
222. lappuse - Contractor or any subcontractor engaged in the performance of this contract shall be computed on a basic day rate of eight hours per day; and work in excess of eight hours per day is permitted...
258. lappuse - That in the construction, operation, and maintenance of the project, he shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, or national origin and shall require an identical provision to be included in all subcontracts.
248. lappuse - Where the operations of this contract extend beyond the current fiscal year, the contract is made contingent upon Congress making the necessary appropriation for expenditures hereunder after such current year shall have expired. In case such appropriation as may be necessary to carry out this contract is not made, the contractor hereby release- the United Steles from all liability due to the failure of Congress to make such appropriation.