Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able according accounts action adjustment advantage affairs afford apply attend benefit build capital carried cars cause charges Commerce Commission common carrier companies competition concerned construction cost court demand determine direct discrimination duty economic effect enforce enterprise equal exercise exists expenses experience fact favorable fixed force freight give hand impossible increase individual industries influence injury instances interest interference invested lack less limit lines matter means ment methods natural necessary necessities needs operation owners particular parties person pooling possible practical prevent principle production profit prosperity provisions question rail railroads railway rates reasonable receive reduced reference regard regulations require result roads secure shipper supply tariffs thing tion trade traffic transportation United wants whole wise
282. lappuse - ... keep itself informed as to the manner and method in which the same is conducted, and shall have the right to obtain from such common carriers full and complete information necessary to enable the Commission to perform the duties and carry out the objects for which it was created...
284. lappuse - ... no contract, receipt, rule or regulation shall exempt such common carrier, railroad or transportation company from the liability hereby imposed : Provided, that nothing in this section shall deprive any holder of such receipt or bill of lading of any remedy or right of action which he has under existing law.
284. lappuse - That nothing In this part shall prevent the carriage, storage, or handling of property free or at reduced rates for the United States, State, or municipal governments...
270. lappuse - ... transportation" shall include cars and other vehicles and all instrumentalities and facilities of shipment or carriage, irrespecetive of ownership or of any contract, express or implied, for the use thereof and all services in connection with the receipt, delivery, elevation, and transfer in transit, ventilation, refrigeration or icing, storage, and handling of property transported...
281. lappuse - ... the date of the taking effect of this Act, the term of each to be designated by the President, but their successors shall be appointed for terms of seven years, except that any person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term of the commissioner whom he shall succeed.
281. lappuse - Said Commissioners shall not engage in any other business, vocation, or employment. No vacancy in the Commission shall impair the right of the remaining Commissioners to exercise all the powers of the Commission.
274. lappuse - ... that upon application to the Commission appointed under the provisions of this act, such common carrier may, in special cases, after investigation by the Commission, be authorized to charge less for longer than for shorter distances for the transportation of passengers or property ; and the Commission may from time to time prescribe the extent to which such designated common carrier may be relieved from the operation of this section of this act.
270. lappuse - Provided, however, That the provisions of this act shall not apply to the transportation of passengers or property, or to the receiving, delivering, storage, or handling of property, wholly within one State, and not shipped to or from a foreign country from or to any State or Territory as aforesaid.
272. lappuse - Columbia, or to any foreign country, any article or commodity, other than timber and the manufactured products thereof, manufactured, mined, or produced by it, or under its authority, or which it may own in whole, or in part, or in which it may have any interest direct or indirect...
275. lappuse - That every common carrier subject to the provisions of this act shall file with the commission created by this act and print and keep open to public inspection schedules showing' all the rates, fares, and charges for transportation between different points on its own route...