Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
American August believe better bill build called cause Chairman citizens City Committee Congress continue course Defense Democratic don't economic efforts Federal follow force foreign freedom friends future give going Government Governor honor hope important increase interest John Johnson July keep Kennedy labor land lead leaders leadership live look means meet ment million months morning move Nation never NOTE November nuclear October opening opportunity party peace percent President problems progress prosperity proud referred Remarks Representative Republican responsibility Secretary Senator serve Signing spoke stand Statement strength success talk tell thank things tion tonight United vote Washington week White House young
880. lappuse - Still one thing more, fellow-citizens a wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned.
973. lappuse - To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.
913. lappuse - ... would view any renewal of the aggression in violation of the aforesaid agreements with grave concern and as seriously threatening international peace and security.
1428. lappuse - I now leave, not knowing when or whether ever I may return, with a task before me greater than that which rested upon Washington. Without the assistance of that Divine Being who ever attended him, I cannot succeed. With that assistance, I cannot fail. Trusting in Him who can go with me, and remain with you, and be everywhere for good, let us confidently hope that all will yet be well. To His care commending you, as I hope in your prayers you will commend me, I bid you an affectionate farewell.
888. lappuse - Cultivated mind is the guardian genius of democracy It is the only dictator that freemen acknowledge and the only security that freemen desire.
915. lappuse - The issue is the future of Southeast Asia as a whole. A threat to any nation in that region is a threat to all, and a threat to us. 3. Our purpose is peace. We have no military, political, or territorial ambitions in the area. 4. This is not just a jungle war, but a struggle for freedom on every front of human activity.
1049. lappuse - At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected ? I answer, If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time, or die by suicide.
915. lappuse - We have no military, political, or territorial ambitions in the area. 4. This is not just a jungle war, but a struggle for freedom on every front of human activity. Our military and economic assistance to South Vietnam and Laos in particular has the purpose of helping these countries to repel aggression and strengthen their independence. The threat to the free nations of southeast Asia has long been clear. The North Vietnamese regime has constantly sought to take over South Vietnam and Laos. This...
1028. lappuse - Our conservation must be not just the classic conservation of protection and development, but a creative conservation of restoration and innovation. Its concern is not with nature alone, but with the total relation between man and the world around him. Its object is not just man's welfare but the dignity of man's spirit.