Higher Education Act of 1965: Hearings, Eighty-ninth Congress, First Session
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1965 - 889 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able academic accredited administration agency American amount areas assistance Association authorized believe bill borrowers collection colleges and universities Commissioner committee concerned Congress continuing cooperative cost course Defense Education Act developing effect enrollment example extension facilities fact faculty families Federal funds give going Government graduate grants GREEN high school higher education important income increase institutions interest KEPPEL kind legislation less limited loan loan program Madam Chairman means meet Michigan million National Defense Education Office operation opportunity participate particular payments percent period persons possible present president problems proposed question reason represent scholarship standards statement suggest teachers teaching things tion United
21. lappuse - Such notes or other obligations shall bear interest at a rate determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, taking into consideration the current average market yield on outstanding marketable obligations of the United States of comparable maturities during the month preceding the issuance of the notes or other obligations.
25. lappuse - Nothing contained in this Act shall be construed to authorize any department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States to exercise any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum, program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution or school system...
21. lappuse - (1) prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this part; "(2) sue and be sued in any court of record of a State having general jurisdiction or in any district court of the United States, and such district courts shall have jurisdiction of civil actions arising under this...
6. lappuse - State may, within sixty days after notice of such action, file with the United States court of appeals for the circuit in which the State is located a petition for review of that action. A copy of the petition shall be forthwith transmitted by the clerk of the court to the Commissioner.
21. lappuse - All redemptions, purchases, and sales by the Secretary of the Treasury of such notes or other obligations shall be treated as public debt transactions of the United States.
7. lappuse - Secretary, but not exceeding $100 per day, including travel time, and while so serving away from their homes or regular places of business they may be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by section 5 of the Administrative Expenses Act of 1946 (5 USC 73b-2) for persons in the Government service employed intermittently.
5. lappuse - State, local, and private school funds ; (6) sets forth such fiscal control and fund accounting procedures as may be necessary to assure proper disbursement of, and accounting for, Federal funds paid to the State (including...
93. lappuse - Mr. Chairman and members of the subcommittee, I appreciate very much the opportunity to appear before you today on a matter which I consider to be of utmost importance to Fort Benning, Ga.
22. lappuse - For purposes of this subsection, the Commissioner shall publish a list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies or associations which he determines to be reliable authority as to the quality of training offered.
8. lappuse - ... (3) provides for such fiscal control and fund accounting procedures as may be necessary to assure proper disbursement of and accounting for Federal funds paid to the applicant under this section; and (4) provides for making such reports, in such form and containing such information, as the Commissioner may require to carry out his functions...