The Field Manual for Battalion Drill: Containing the Exercises and Manœuvres in the School of the Battalion. Arranged in a Tabular Form, for the Use of Officers of the U.S. Infantry
J.P. Lippincott & Company, 1862 - 152 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
The Field Manual for Battalion Drill Containing the Exercises and Manoeuvres ...
Priekšskatījums nav pieejams - 2017
Bieži izmantoti vārdi un frāzes
abreast according aligned already arms arrives battalion break CAPTAINS OF COMPANIES cause caution cavalry centre change direction chief closed in mass colonel commands colonel will command color command MARCH COMPANIES AND DIVISIONS defile deploy desired difference divi double column dress eighth company executed EXPLANATION face fifth file-closers finished firing flank form square formation forward four ranks fourth division front rank give Guide left Guide right half distance halt immediately indicated interval leading left guides left in front left into line LESSON lieutenant-colonel line of battle lumn major mand manner MARCH markers MOVEMENTS paces paces in rear pany pass platoon distance platoons ploy position POSTS preceding prescribed principles rear rank remain reserve retreat right and left right in front right or left second company seventh side sion sixth soon square in four step subdivision successively tance third tion vision wheel wishes
2. lappuse - ENTERED, according to Act of Congress, in the year 1842, BY D. APPLETON & COMPANY, in the Clerk's Office of the District Conrt of the United States, for the Southern District of New York.
144. lappuse - ... prescribed. The other divisions will ploy into column in the same manner as if the movement had taken place from a halt. 931. If the colonel should wish to form a perpendicular square in four ranks, by double column, he will command : 1. To form square, in four ranks. 2. Double column, at half distance. 3. Battalion inwards FACE. 4. MARCH (or double quick MARCH).
129. lappuse - When the colonel shall wish to rally the battalion in column, he will cause the assembly to be sounded, and place two markers before the position to be occupied by the first company; the captain of this company will rally his company in rear of the two markers, and each of the other captains will rally his company at platoon distance, behind the one which should precede it in the order in column.
133. lappuse - If the deployment is to be made forward, the directing company, as soon as it is unmasked, will be moved ten or twelve paces in front of the head of the column, and will be then deployed on the file indicated. Each of the other companies will take its interval to the right or left, and deploy as soon as it is taken.
106. lappuse - All these deployments are executed left in front according to the same principles and by inverse means.
142. lappuse - The battalion being in column by company at full distance, right in front, and at a halt, when the colonel shall wish to form square in four ranks, he will first cause divisions to be formed, which being executed, he will command: 1. To form square in four ranks. 2. To half^ distance, close column. 3.