Reconstruction Finance Corporation: Hearings Before the Committee on Banking and Currency, House of Representatives, Seventy-Second Congress, First Session, on the Bills H.R. 5060 and H.R. 5116 to Provide Emergency Financing Facilities for Banks and Other Financial Institutions, and for Other Purposes. December 18, 1931, and January 5, 6, and 7, 1932. Statement of Hon. Eugene Meyer ..., 1. daļa
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1931 - 18 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able acceptances advances amendment American amount answer association authorized bankers banks believe bill board of directors bonds borrow BRAND Busby capital Cass cent CHAIRMAN Commission committee Congress consider consideration course deal DEMPSEY electric eligible existing export extend fact Federal reserve banks Federal Reserve Board Finance Corporation foreign funds gentlemen give going GOLDSBOROUGH Government HANCOCK hearing held House important institution interest Interstate Commerce investment issued JEAN kind legislation liquidation loans matter McFadden mean meet MEYER Mills necessary notes obligations operation organization passed period present President question railroads reason relief require roads SABATH Secretary sell Senate situation statement steam STEVENSON STRONG suggest thing thought tion to-day Treasury understand United York
3. lappuse - The Corporation, including its franchise, its capital, reserves, and surplus, and its income shall be exempt from all taxation now or hereafter imposed by the United States, by any Territory, dependency, or possession thereof, or by any State, county, municipality, or local taxing authority...
10. lappuse - That no association shall at any time be indebted, or in any way liable, to an amount exceeding the amount of its capital stock at such time actually paid in and remaining undiminished by losses or otherwise, except on the following accounts, that is to say:
92. lappuse - Secretary of the Treasury, the governor of the Federal Reserve Board, and the farm loan commissioner...
5. lappuse - If any clause, sentence, paragraph or part of this Act shall for any reason be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, such judgment shall not affect, impair, or invalidate the remainder of this Act, but shall be confined in its operation to the clause, sentence, paragraph, or part thereof directly involved in the controversy in which such judgment shall have been rendered.
34. lappuse - All redemptions, purchases, and sales by the Secretary of the Treasury of such notes or other obligations shall be treated as public debt transactions of the United States.
34. lappuse - The Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and directed to purchase any notes and other obligations to be issued hereunder and for such purpose he is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued, under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended, and the purposes for which securities may be issued under such Act, as amended, are extended to include any purchases of such notes and obligations.
9. lappuse - Any and all notes, debentures, bonds or other such obligations issued by the corporation shall be exempt both as to principal and Interest from all taxation (except surtaxes, estate, inheritance, and gift taxes) now or hereafter imposed by the United States, by any territory, dependency or possession thereof, or by any state, county, municipality or local taxing authority.
82. lappuse - Three members of the board of directors shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.