Higher Education Act of 1965: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Education of the Committee on Labor and Public Welfare, United States Senate, Eighty-ninth Congress, First Session, on S.600, 1. daļa
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1965 - 1529 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
academic accounts activities additional administration agency American amount appropriate areas assistance Association authorized awards bill borrower Chairman collection colleges and universities Commissioner committee concerned continuing cooperative cost Council course Department director Education Act effective enrolled established extension faculty families Federal funds give going Government graduate grants Health higher education important increase individual institutions interest less librarians loan loan program materials means meet million National Defense Office operation opportunity payments percent period possible prepared present President problems proposed question reason received record represent responsibility scholarship Secretary Senator MORSE serve staff standards statement teaching tion University YARBOROUGH York
87. lappuse - Nothing contained in this Act shall be construed to authorize any department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States to exercise any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum, program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution or school system...
69. lappuse - ... credits are accepted, on transfer, by not less than three institutions which are so accredited, for credit on the same basis as if transferred from an institution so accredited.
87. lappuse - Federal agency, institution of higher education, or any other organization, pursuant to a grant, loan, or contract, may be made in installments, and in advance or by way of reimbursement, and, in the case of grants or loans, with necessary adjustments on account of overpayments or underpayments.
12. lappuse - Committee. (c) Members of the Advisory Committee shall, while serving on the business of the Advisory Committee, be entitled to receive compensation at rates fixed by the Secretary, but not exceeding $100 per day, including travel time ; and, while so serving away from their homes or regular places of business, they may be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by section 5 of the Administrative Expenses Act of 1946 (5 USC 73b-2) for persons in the Government...
28. lappuse - Federal funds made available under this section for any fiscal year will be so used as to supplement and, to the extent practical, Increase the level of funds that would, in the absence of such Federal funds, be made available by the applicant for the purposes described in subsection (b), and In no case supplant such funds...
64. lappuse - ... if the Commissioner determines that there is no nationally recognized accrediting agency or association qualified to accredit such...
61. lappuse - Commissioner or any vacancy in such office; but no attachment, injunction, garnishment, or other similar process, mesne or final, shall be issued against the Commissioner or property under his control, and nothing herein shall be construed to except litigation arising out of activities under this...
174. lappuse - State and local research that is needed in connection with housing programs and needs, public improvement programing, code problems, efficient land use, urban transportation, and similar community development problems, and collecting, collating, and publishing statistics and information relating to such research.