Adult Basic Education: Hearings Before the General Subcommittee on Labor and Select Subcommittee on Education of the Committee on Education and Labor, House of Representatives, Eighty-seventh Congress, Second Session, on H. R. 10143 and H. R. 10191, Bills to Encourage State Programs of Adult Basic Education
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1962 - 416 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able adult education agency American assistance Association attend basic education become believe better bill Chairman citizens classes committee completed Congress continue course Department director district education program effective effort elementary employment English enrolled fact Federal feel field functionally funds give Government grade high school hope illiteracy illiterate important increased individual industry instruction interest Kentucky kind labor language legislation less literacy materials means meet Michigan million Office opportunity particular percent PERKINS persons population prepared present problem public schools question read and write reason record Representatives responsibility skills statement teachers teaching Thank thing tion United University Washington welfare workers York
307. lappuse - Nothing contained in this Act shall be construed to authorize any department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States to exercise any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum, program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution or school system...
8. lappuse - Commissioner may thereupon make new or modified findings of fact and may modify his previous action, and shall file in the court the record of the further proceedings. Such new or modified findings of fact shall likewise be conclusive if supported by substantial evidence.
6. lappuse - local educational agency" means a public board of education or other public authority legally constituted within a State for either administrative control or direction of, or to perform a service function for, public elementary or secondary schools In a city, county, township, school district, or other political subdivision of a State, or...
5. lappuse - State plan not affected by such failure) . "(c) A State which is dissatisfied with a final action of the Secretary under subsection (a) or (b) may appeal to the United States court of appeals for the circuit in which the State is located, by filing a petition with such court within sixty days after such final action.
8. lappuse - State plan approved under this title, finds that (1) the State plan has been so changed that it no longer complies with the provisions of section 306, or (2) in the administration of the plan there is a failure to comply substantially With any such provision. the Commissioner shall notify such State agency that no further payments...
150. lappuse - If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.
219. lappuse - ... 75 percent above the national average for 2 of the preceding 3 calendar years, or (c) 100 percent above the national average for 1 of the preceding 2 calendar years.
346. lappuse - To elevate the character and advance the interests of the profession of teaching, and to promote the cause of popular education in the United States.
8. lappuse - The judgment of the court affirming or setting aside, in whole or in part, any action of the Commissioner shall be final, subject to review by the Supreme Court of the United States upon certiorari or certification as provided in section 1254 of title 28, United States Code.