Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Æsop allusion Amorphus Anaides Arete Argurion Asotus Bartholomew Fair better Cæsar Carlo Chloe cockatrice Cornelius Gallus court courtier Cris Crispinus Crites Cupid Cynthia Cynthia's Revels dear Decker Deli Deliro doth Enter envy excellent Exeunt Exit eyes face fair faith fashion Fast folio follow fool Fung FUNGOSO gallants gentleman give grace hath heaven Hedon honour Horace humour i'faith Jonson leiger Lictors look lord Maci Macilente madam Marry master means Mercury methinks mistress monsieur Moria never observe Ovid Phantaste Philautia play poet Poetaster pray Propertius Punt Puntarvolo quarto rapier revels Satiromastix scene Shakspeare shew signior Sir Dagonet sirrah Sogliardo Sord soul speak stay stinkard tell thee there's thing thou Tibullus Troth WHAL Whalley wife word
221. lappuse - Slow, slow, fresh fount, keep time with my salt tears : Yet slower, yet ; O faintly, gentle springs : List to the heavy part the music bears, Woe weeps out her division, when she sings. Droop herbs and flowers, Fall grief in showers, Our beauties are not ours ; O, I could still, Like melting snow upon some craggy hill, Drop, drop, drop, drop, Since nature's pride is now a withered daffodil.
70. lappuse - I do intend, this year of jubilee coming on, to travel: and because I will not altogether go upon expense, I am determined to put forth some five thousand pound, to be paid me five for one, upon the return of myself, my wife, and my dog from the Turk's court in Constantinople. If all or either of us miscarry in the journey, 'tis gone: if we be successful, why, there will be five and twenty thousand pound to entertain time withal.
373. lappuse - Envy the living, not the dead doth bite, " For after death all men receive their right." Then when this body falls in funeral fire, My name shall live, and my best part aspire.
208. lappuse - twere not for tobacco I think the very stench of 'em would poison me, I should not dare to come in at their gates. A man were better visit fifteen jails or a dozen or two of hospitals than once adventure to come near them.
239. lappuse - You know that I call Madam Philantia my honour, and she calls me her ambition. Now, when I meet her in the presence anon, I will come to her and say, "Sweet Honour, I have hitherto contented my sense with the lilies of your hand, but now I will taste the roses of your lip" ... to which she cannot but blushing answer, "Nay, now you are too ambitious.
400. lappuse - She should be allowed her passions, So they were but used as fashions; Sometimes froward, and then frowning, Sometimes sickish, and then swowning, Every fit with change still crowning. Purely jealous I would have her; Then only constant when I crave her, 'Tis a virtue should not save her. Thus, nor her delicates would cloy me, Neither her peevishness annoy me.
94. lappuse - And, sure, he is an honourable man. I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke, But here I am to speak what I do know. You all did love him once, not without cause; What cause withholds you then to mourn for him ? O judgment, thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason!
18. lappuse - If any here chance to behold himself, Let him not dare to challenge me of wrong ; For, if he shame to have his follies known, First he should shame to act 'em : my strict hand \ Was made to seize on vice, and with a gripe Squeeze out the humour of such spongy souls, As lick up every idle vanity.
220. lappuse - Bitter constraint, and sad occasion dear Compels me to disturb your season due: For Lycidas is dead, dead ere his prime, Young Lycidas, and hath not left his peer: Who would not sing for Lycidas? he knew Himself to sing, and build the lofty rhyme. He must not float upon his watery bier Unwept, and welter to the parching wind, Without the meed of some melodious tear.
473. lappuse - That sought to scale Jove's court, right swift of pace, And swifter far of wing, a monster vast And dreadful. Look, how many plumes are placed On her huge corpse, so many waking eyes Stick underneath, and, which may stranger rise In the report, as many tongues she wears.