Federal Assistance for Construction of Public Schools: Hearings Before a Subcommittee, Eighty-first Congress, First Session, on S. 137, S. 287, S. 1670, and S. 1699. June 2, 6-9, 13-15, 1949
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1949 - 405 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accordance additional adequate administration agency amendment amount application appropriated approved areas assistance attendance authority average basis believe bill bonds Chairman child classrooms Commissioner committee Congress cost Council County department of education determine educational elementary enrollment equal estimated fact Federal activities Federal aid Federal funds Federal Government figures finance give going grants housing increase industrial legislation letter limit live located meet ment necessary normal Office Office of Education operation parents percent period population present problem proposed public schools pupils reason record reference responsibility result rooms rural school buildings school construction school districts school facilities school plant Senator HUMPHREY situation standards statement superintendent survey teachers tion Township United valuation Washington
21. lappuse - Nothing contained in this Act shall be construed to authorize any department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States to exercise any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum, program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution or school system...
15. lappuse - The sums made available under this section shall be used for making payments to States which have submitted, and had approved by the Social Security Board established by Title VII (hereinafter referred to as the "Board"), State plans for old-age assistance.
13. lappuse - United States for the - three most recent consecutive years for which satisfactory data are available from the Department of Commerce. Such promulgation shall be conclusive for each of the two fiscal years in the period...
18. lappuse - General's reservation of any amount under this section may be amended by him, either upon approval of an amendment of the application or upon revision of the estimated cost of construction of the facility.
6. lappuse - State for such quarter under the provisions of subsection (a), such estimate to be based on (A) a report filed by the State containing its estimate of the total sum to be expended in such quarter in accordance with the provisions of such...
13. lappuse - Federal share" for any State shall be 100 per centum less the State percentage and the State percentage shall be that percentage which bears the same ratio to 50 per centum as the per capita income of such State bears to the per capita income of the continental United States (excluding Alaska), except that (1) the Federal share...
20. lappuse - No department or agency of the United States shall exercise any supervision or control over any school with respect to which any funds have been or may be expended pursuant to this title...
16. lappuse - ... (5) set forth the relative need, determined In accordance with the regulations prescribed under section 133(2), for the several projects included in such programs, and provide for the construction, insofar as financial resources available therefor and for maintenance and operation make possible, in the order of such relative need...
7. lappuse - The population of the several States shall be determined on the basis of the latest figures furnished by the Department of Commerce.