Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action advertising affirmed alien alleged Amendment application argued the cause arrest Assistant Attorney Attorney authority bail Board brief brought California cause Certiorari denied charge Circuit circumstances claim commerce Commissioner Company confession Congress consideration constitutional conviction Corp County Court of Appeals crime criminal decision decree defendant determine dismissed dissenting District Court due process ET AL evidence fact federal filed Florida Government granted ground habeas corpus hearing held hold Illinois intent interstate issue judge judgment judicial jurisdiction jury JUSTICE Labor legislation limitations meaning ment Michigan milk Misc motion naturalization October officers Ohio Opinion parties person petition petitioner practice present procedure proceedings question reason record relating Reported respondent reversed rule Security Service Solicitor General Perlman Stat statute suit Supp supra Supreme Court tion trial United violation writ York
114. lappuse - Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress.
164. lappuse - Due process of law is a summarized constitutional guarantee of respect for those personal immunities which, as Mr. Justice Cardozo twice wrote for the Court, are "so rooted in the traditions and conscience of our people as to be ranked as fundamental,
199. lappuse - A prisoner in custody under sentence of a court established by Act of Congress claiming the right to be released upon the ground that the sentence was imposed in violation of the Constitution or laws of the United States, or that the court was without Jurisdiction to impose such sentence, or that the sentence was In excess of the maximum authorized by law, or is otherwise subject to collateral attack, may move the court which imposed the sentence to vacate, set aside or correct the sentence.
233. lappuse - Suits for violation of contracts between an employer and a labor organization representing employees in an industry affecting commerce as defined in this Act, or between any such labor organizations, may be brought in any district court of the United States having jurisdiction of the parties, without respect to the amount in controversy or without regard to the citizenship of the parties.
546. lappuse - An act concerning aliens," is contrary to the Constitution, one amendment to which has provided that "no person shall be deprived of liberty without due process of law...
281. lappuse - All transfers and assignments made of any claim upon the United States, or of any part or share thereof, or interest therein, whether absolute or conditional, and whatever may be the consideration therefor, and all powers of attorney, orders, or other authorities for receiving payment of any such claim, or of any part or share thereof, shall be absolutely null and void...
218. lappuse - May 27, 1940, and ending six months after the termination of hostilities in the present war, as proclaimed by the President...
183. lappuse - Any seaman who shall suffer personal injury in the course of his employment may, at his election, maintain an action for damages at law, with the right of trial by jury, and in such action all statutes of the United States modifying or extending the common-law right or remedy in cases of personal injury to railway employees shall apply...
512. lappuse - An application for a writ of habeas corpus in behalf of a person in custody pursuant to the judgment of a State court shall not be granted unless it appears that the applicant has exhausted the remedies available in the courts of the State, or that there is either an absence of available State corrective process or the existence of circumstances rendering such process ineffective to protect the rights of the prisoner.
141. lappuse - SEC. 4. The several circuit courts of the United States are hereby invested with jurisdiction to prevent and restrain violations of this act; and it shall be the duty of the several district attorneys of the United States, in their respective districts, under the direction of the attorney-general, to institute proceedings in equity to prevent and restrain such violations.