WMD Machete, 2011 - 568 lappuses
The Pan-American "Huckleberry Finn" for the Twenty-first Century, a memoir of the young author's struggle with two realities, one Anglo-Saxon and the other Hispanic. In this picaresque "coming-of-age" memoir, we see a vision of North America's future in twenty-five years, when the Hispanic population becomes the majority and changes not only the demographics of the United States of America, but its culture. The author sweeps us along on a whirlwind of culture shock. He chronicles the adventures of a disgruntled industrial-age young man who feels a tribal and instinctual reluctance to accept the Third World's view of the United States, and America's foreign policy. But before he can assimilate the profound changes in language, culture, and reality, along comes a new relationship and an earthquake that stops a war only to kill twenty-two thousand people, and changes blind patriotism into something else.
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
American arms asked Aztec backpack beach beautiful beer Belize boys clothing color couple culture Curt dark door earthquake eyes face feel feet felt fingers front girl Guatemala City hair hand Hawaii head Hispanic Huehuetenango Huixtla human Indian inside Jaime Joanna jungle Ladino lake Lake Atitlán Latin America laughed legs light live looked mangrove Manuel Mayan Mendez Meso-American Mexican Mexico Mexico City mountain night Olmec Panajachél Petén pulled Quetzalcoatl Quetzaltenango road sand Santa Catarina Santa Catarina Palopó shirt Shotgun side sleep smile Sololá someone Spanish stared stay stood stopped street talk tall Teotihuacán thick things thought tiny took tourists trees tried turned United village volcanoes waited walked walls watched waves window woman women young Yvonne
630. lappuse - O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep, Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes, What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep, As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses? Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam, In full glory reflected now shines on the stream: Tis the star-spangled banner!
631. lappuse - Bless'd with victory and peace, may the heavenrescued land Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation. Then conquer we must, for our cause it is just, And this be our motto, " In CJini is our trust," And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
630. lappuse - Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution. No refuge could save the hireling and slave From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave; And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
629. lappuse - Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light, What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming? Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight, O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming? And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
668. lappuse - collective work" is a work, such as a periodical issue, anthology, or encyclopedia, in which a number of contributions, constituting separate and Independent works in themselves, are assembled Into a collective whole.
668. lappuse - derivative work" is a work based upon one or more preexisting works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which a work may be recast, transformed, or adapted. A work consisting of editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications which, as a whole, represent an original work of authorship, is a "derivative work".
669. lappuse - License despite a previous violation. 2. Fair Use Rights. Nothing in this license is intended to reduce, limit, or restrict any rights arising from fair use, first sale or other limitations on the exclusive rights of the copyright owner under copyright law or other applicable laws. 3. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the...
671. lappuse - License is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this License, and without further action by the parties to this agreement, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent...
668. lappuse - THE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE ("CCPL" OR "LICENSE"). THE WORK IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENSE OR COPYRIGHT LAW IS PROHIBITED. BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. THE LICENSOR GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HERE IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS....