Compilation of Selected Acts Within the Jurisdiction of the Committee on Commerce: Communications Law Including Communications Act of 1934, Telecommunications Act of 1996, Communications Satellite Act of 1962, National Telecommunications and Information Administration Organization Act, Telephone Disclosure and Dispute Resolution Act, Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act, Additional Communications Statutes, Selected Provisions from the United States Code, 4. sējums
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1999 - 747 lappuses
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accordance action activities additional affiliate agency agreement amendments amount application appropriate approved assistance authority Bell operating Board broadcast broadcast station cable operator cable system carrier carry channel charges Commission common carrier communications competitive Congress consistent construction Corporation costs court date of enactment described designated determines distribution educational effect enforcement entity equipment establish exchange extent facilities Federal fees filed finds fiscal franchise frequencies funds Government grant individual issue license limit material means meeting ment mission necessary notice officer paragraph party period permit person prescribed procedures proceeding programming public interest pursuant radio rates reasonable receiving records regulations relating request respect rules satellite Secretary served ship signal station subparagraph subscribers subsection tele telecommunications telephone television term thereof tion transmission transmitting United unless video programming violation
714. lappuse - Federal actions significantly affecting the quality of the human environment, a detailed statement by the responsible official on (i) the environmental impact of the proposed action, (ii) any adverse environmental effects which cannot be avoided should the proposal be implemented, (iii) alternatives to the proposed action, (iv) the relationship between local short-term uses of man's environment and the maintenance and enhancement of longterm productivity, and (v) any irreversible and irretrievable...
714. lappuse - Americans safe, healthful, productive, and esthetically and culturally pleasing surroundings; (3) attain the widest range of beneficial uses of the environment without degradation, risk to health or safety, or other undesirable and unintended consequences; (4) preserve important historic, cultural, and natural aspects of our national heritage, and maintain, wherever possible, an environment which supports diversity and variety of individual choice...
544. lappuse - No agency shall disclose any record which is contained in a system of records by any means of communication to any person, or to another agency, except pursuant to a written request by, or with the prior written consent of, the individual to whom the record pertains, unless disclosure of the record would be...
715. lappuse - ... recognize the worldwide and long-range character of environmental problems and, where consistent with the foreign policy of the United States, lend appropriate support to initiatives, resolutions, and programs designed to maximize international cooperation in anticipating and preventing a decline in the quality of mankind's world environment...
534. lappuse - A final order opinion statement of policy, interpretation, or staff manual or instruction that affects a member of the public may be relied on, used, or cited as precedent by an agency against a party other than an agency only if (i) it has been indexed and either made available or published as provided by this paragraph ; or (ii) the party has actual and timely notice of the terms thereof.
12. lappuse - ... the date of the taking effect of this Act, the term of each to be designated by the President, but their successors shall be appointed for terms of seven years; except that any person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term of the Commissioner whom he succeeds. Any Commissioner may be removed by the President for inefficiency, neglect of duty, or malfeasance in office, but for no other cause. No vacancy in the Commission shall impair the right of the remaining...
579. lappuse - A person suffering legal wrong because of agency action, or adversely affected or aggrieved by agency action within the meaning of a relevant statute, is entitled to judicial review thereof.
228. lappuse - Every person deposing as herein provided shall be cautioned and sworn (or affirm, if he so request) to testify the whole truth, and shall be carefully examined. His testimony shall be reduced to writing by the magistrate taking the deposition, or under his direction, and shall, after it has been reduced to writing, be subscribed by the deponent.
168. lappuse - Nothing in this act shall be understood or construed to give the commission the power of censorship over the radio communications or signals transmitted by any radio station, and no regulation or condition shall be promulgated or fixed by the commission which shall interfere with the right of free speech by means of radio communication.
469. lappuse - ... means commerce among the several States or with foreign nations, or in any Territory of the United States or in the District of Columbia, or between any such Territory and another, or between any such Territory and any State or foreign nation, or between the District of Columbia and any State or Territory or foreign nation...