Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
according action alleged allowed amount appears application appointed Argument authority Bank bill brake cars cause charge Circuit Court citizen claim Company condition Congress considered Constitution construction contract corporation decided decision defective defendant delivered determine direct taxes District duty effect entitled entry error evidence exception exercise existing expressed fact filed follows foreign further given grant ground held important imposed income indictment instruction interest invention issue Judge judgment jurisdiction jury Justice land limited March matter meaning necessary Oakland objection officers Opinion original owner paid parties passed patent payment person plaintiff possession present prior proceedings question Railroad Company Railway reason received record recover referred respect result Revised rule ship Stat Statement statute suit taken taxation term tion town uniform United vessel Wall
18. lappuse - ... not known or used by others in this country, before his invention or discovery thereof, and not patented or described in any printed publication in this or any foreign country, before his invention or discovery thereof...
544. lappuse - If two laws conflict with each other, the courts must decide on the operation of each. So if a law be in opposition to the constitution, if both the law and the constitution apply to a particular case so that the court must either decide that case conformably to the law disregarding the constitution or conformably to the constitution disregarding the law, the court must determine which of these conflicting rules governs the case. This is of the very essence of judicial duty.
440. lappuse - That they were intended to secure the individual from the arbitrary exercise of the powers of government unrestrained by the established principles of private rights and distributive justice.
445. lappuse - All charges of war, and all other expenses that shall be incurred for the common defence or general welfare, and allowed by the United States in Congress assembled, shall be defrayed out of a common treasury, which shall be supplied by the several states, in proportion to the value of all land within each state...
540. lappuse - The question of the reasonableness of a rate of charge for transportation by a railroad company, involving as it does the element of reasonableness both as regards the company and as regards the public, is eminently a question for judicial investigation, requiring due process of law for its determination.
584. lappuse - The tax is uniform when it operates with the same force and effect in every place where the subject of it is found.
83. lappuse - ... Whenever the death of a person shall be caused by wrongful act, neglect, or default, and the act, neglect, or default is such as would, if death had not ensued...
592. lappuse - That the power to tax involves the power to destroy; that the power to destroy may defeat and render useless the power to create; that there is a plain repugnance, in conferring on one government a power to control the constitutional measures of another, which other, with respect to those very measures, is declared to be supreme over that which exerts the control are propositions not to be denied.
293. lappuse - ... or any other company, body politic or corporate, or any individual person, or to deceive any officer of the association, or any agent appointed to examine the affairs of any such association...