Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
acid American ancient applied army became body British buildings called capital carried cause century chief Church coast color commanded common consists contains court death elected England English entered established Europe extended followed force four France French German give given Greek head important India island Italy John King known Lake land later less lived London manufactures means Mountains natural nearly officer organized original Paris party passed Persian persons plants port present principal produced province received region returned river Roman Rome rule salt side sometimes Spain species success surface taken term tion took town trees usually various whole York
306. lappuse - In narrow channels every steam vessel shall, when it is safe and practicable, keep to that side of the fairway or mid-channel which lies on the starboard side of such vessel.
379. lappuse - sale" is a word of precise legal import, both at law and in equity. It means at all times a contract between parties to give and to pass rights of property for money, which the buyer pays or promises to pay to the seller for the thing bought and sold.
278. lappuse - That, while providing revenue for the support of the general government by duties upon imports, sound policy requires such an adjustment of these imports as to encourage the development of the industrial interests of the whole country...
278. lappuse - Government by duties upon imports, sound policy requires such an adjustment of these imposts as to encourage the development of the industrial interests of the whole country ; and we commend that policy of national exchanges which secures to the workingmen liberal wages, to agriculture remunerating prices, to mechanics and manufacturers an adequate reward for their skill, labor and enterprise, and to the nation commercial prosperity and independence.
51. lappuse - Wars has been instituted to perpetuate the memory of those events, and of the men who, in military, naval, and civil positions of high trust and responsibility, by their acts or counsel, assisted in the establishment, defense, and preservation of the American Colonies, and were in truth the founders of this nation.
198. lappuse - If it is not completely offset, the quantity of such goods at the disposal of the community will be less at the end of the year than it was at the beginning; if it is more than offset, the quantity at the end of the year will be greater.1 The same process of using-up and replacing will occur with consumers
260. lappuse - A recognizance is an obligation of record, which a man enters into before some court of record or magistrate duly authorized)', with condition to do some particular act; as to appear at the assizes, to keep the peace, to pay a debt, or the like.
442. lappuse - ... of the sanctity of a man's home and the privacies of life. It is not the breaking of his doors and the rummaging of his drawers that constitutes the essence of the...
257. lappuse - Door, typical of the style in vogue in the latter part of the eighteenth and early part of the nineteenth centuries.