Rice Programs: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Agricultural Production, Marketing, and Stabilization of Prices of the Committee on Agriculture and Forestry, United States Senate, Ninety-fourth Congress, First Session, on S. 1645 ... S. 2260 ... S. 2385 ... November 14, 1975
United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Agriculture and Forestry. Subcommittee on Agricultural Production, Marketing, and Stabilization of Prices
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1975 - 161 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
acreage allotment acres additional adjusted Agriculture amended American amount areas Arkansas authorized believe bill California carryover cents Chairman changes committee commodities Congress considered consumer continue cooperator cost cotton crop demand Department determined develop domestic economic effect established estimated existing expand export fact farm feel going Government grow hundredweight important increase indicate interest land legislation less limited loan Long look Louisiana major marketing quotas meet ment milling million Miss Mississippi operator opportunity past payments percent permit planted pound present president problem proposed protection Public purchases reasonable received recently record represents result rice farmers rice growers rice industry rice legislation rice production rice program Secretary Senator Senator LEAHY situation statement supply surplus target price Texas Thank tion tons trade U.S. rice United yield
11. lappuse - Secretary shall issue regulations defining the term "person" and prescribing such rules as he determines necessary to assure a fair and reasonable application of such limitation: Provided, That the provisions of this Act which limit payments to any person shall not be applicable to lands owned by States, political subdivisions, or agencies thereof, so long as such lands are farmed primarily in the direct furtherance of a public function, as determined by the Secretary.
10. lappuse - Secretary may provide for an additional payment on such acreage in an amount determined by the Secretary to be appropriate in relation to the benefit to the general public if the producer agrees to permit, without other compensation, access to all or such portion of the farm as the Secretary may prescribe by the general public, for hunting, trapping, fishing, and hiking, subject to applicable State and Federal regulations.
4. lappuse - The Secretary shall provide adequate safeguards to protect the interests of tenants and sharecroppers, including provision for sharing on a fair and equitable basis, in payments under this section.
4. lappuse - If the producers set aside and devote to approved soil conserving uses an acreage on the farm equal to the number of acres which the operator agrees to set aside and devote to approved soil conserving uses, and the agreement shall so provide.
5. lappuse - Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the Agricultural Act of 1949...
4. lappuse - Secretary may, nevertheless, make such loans, purchases, and payments in such amounts as he determines to be equitable in relation to the seriousness of the default.
10. lappuse - ... (3) The feed grain program formulated under this section shall require the producer to take such measures as the Secretary may deem appropriate to protect the set-aside acreage and the additional diverted acreage from erosion, insects, weeds, and rodents. Such acreage may be devoted to wildlife food plots or wildlife habitat in conformity with standards established by the Secretary in consultation with wildlife agencies. The Secretary may...
9. lappuse - The payment rate for corn shall be the amount by which the higher of (1) the national weighted average market price received by farmers during the first five months of...