Endangered Species Act reauthorization: field hearings before the Subcommittee on Drinking Water, Fisheries, and Wildlife of the Committee on Environment and Public Works, United States Senate, One Hundred Fourth Congress, first session, JUNE 1, 1995--ROSEBURG, OR; JUNE 3, 1995--LEWISTON, ID; AUGUST 16, 1995--CASPER, WY.
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1995 - 1428 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Bieži izmantoti vārdi un frāzes
action activities additional Africa agency agreement allow American animals application appropriate areas Association authority bear believe benefits biological California Chairman changes CITES Committee communities concern Congress conservation considered consultation continue cooperative cost countries critical decisions delisting designation determined economic ecosystem effect efforts Endangered Species Act environmental established estimated example existing extinction Federal Fish and Wildlife foreign Forest funding goals going groups habitat human hunting impact implementation important improve incentives increase involved issue land landowners listed listed species million natural organizations permit plants population preservation prevent problems programs proposed protection question range reasons recommendations recovery plans regulation responsibility result scientific Secretary Senator KEMPTHORNE statement status subsection Thank threatened threatened species tion trade trophy United wild Wildlife Service
92. lappuse - Act are to provide a means whereby the ecosystems upon which endangered species and threatened species depend may be conserved, to provide a program for the conservation of such endangered species and threatened species...
329. lappuse - As used in this subsection, the term "undue economic hardship" shall include, but not be limited to: (A) substantial economic loss resulting from inability caused by this Act to perform contracts with respect to species of fish and wildlife entered into prior to the date of publication in the Federal Register of a notice of consideration of such species as an endangered species; (B) substantial economic loss to persons who, for the year prior to the notice of consideration of such species as an endangered...
338. lappuse - Secretary, or both, and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by such court as a contempt...
575. lappuse - PROTECTIVE REGULATIONS. Whenever any species is listed as a threatened species pursuant to subsection (c) of this section, the Secretary shall issue such regulations as he deems necessary and advisable to provide for the conservation of such species.
331. lappuse - pre-Act endangered species part" means (i) any sperm whale oil, including derivatives thereof, which was lawfully held within the United States on December 28, 1973, in the course of a commercial activity; or (ii) any finished scrimshaw product, if such product or the raw material for such product was lawfully held within the United States on December 28, 1973, in the course of a commercial activity. (B) The term "scrimshaw product...
511. lappuse - Flora; and (G) other international agreements. (5) encouraging the States and other interested parties, through Federal financial assistance and a system of incentives, to develop and maintain conservation programs which meet national and international standards is a key to meeting the Nation's international commitments and to better safeguarding, for the benefit of all citizens, the Nation's heritage in fish and wildlife.
325. lappuse - Act as endangered species or threatened species, and (B) are imported for purposes of human or animal consumption or taken in waters under the jurisdiction of the United States or on the high seas for recreational purposes) or plants, except at a port or ports designated by the Secretary of the Interior.
309. lappuse - There is established a committee to be known as the Endangered Species Committee (hereinafter in this section referred to as the "Committee"). (2) The Committee shall review any application submitted to it pursuant to this section and determine in accordance with subsection (h) of this section whether or not to grant an exemption from the requirements of subsection (a)(2) of this action for the action set forth in such application.
325. lappuse - ... (B) at all reasonable times upon notice by a duly authorized representative of the Secretary, afford such representative access to his...
301. lappuse - ... with respect to the taking of any resident endangered or threatened species. (d) ALLOCATION OF FUNDS. (1) The Secretary is authorized to provide financial assistance to any State, through its respective State agency, which has entered into a cooperative agreement pursuant to subsection (c) of this section to assist in development of programs for the conservation of endangered and threatened species or to assist in monitoring the status of candidate species pursuant to subparagraph (C) of...