Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
aged amendments amount Banks Boston Brown California Canal cent CHAP Charles City claims Clark clerks Clinton Columbia Congress Constitution Counties Court Davis Debt December Democrats Department District duties Edward elected Foreign Franklin Full George Government Governor Grant Greeley Greene Hamilton Henry House imports Indiana interest Iowa iron Island Italy Jackson James Jefferson Jersey John Joseph July June land Lawrence LEGISLATURE Lewis Madison Majority manufactures March Michigan Monroe MONTH Moon morn named North Notes Ohio Oregon person President Railroad received Representatives Republicans rises Robert Samuel Secretary Senate sets Smith South Sun Sun Temp Thomas tion tons Total vote Towns Treasury Union United Virginia vote Ward Warren Washington West White William Wisconsin York
16. lappuse - They shall, in all cases except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either house they shall not be questioned in any other place.
27. lappuse - No person who shall receive, accept, or offer to receive, or pay, offer or promise to pay, contribute, offer or promise to contribute to another, to be paid or used, any money or other valuable thing as a compensation or reward for the giving or withholding a vote at an election, or who shall make any promise to influence the giving or withholding any such vote, or who shall make or become directly or indirectly interested in any bet or wager depending upon the result of any election, shall vote...
23. lappuse - Islands, for the purpose of drying their nets and. curing their ^fish; provided that in so doing they do not interfere with the rights of private property, or with British fishermen in the peaceable use of any part of the said coasts in their occupancy for the same purpose.
16. lappuse - Legislature thereof, for six years ; and each senator shall have one vote. 2. Immediately after they shall be assembled in consequence of the first election, they shall be divided, as equally as may be, into three classes. The seats of the senators of the first class shall be vacated at the expiration of the second year ; of the second class...
23. lappuse - State, on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude; and any officer or other person charged with any duty in the selection or summoning of jurors who shall exclude or fail to summon any citizen for the cause aforesaid shall, on conviction thereof, be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor, and be fined not more than five thousand dollars.
28. lappuse - Every law which imposes, continues or revives a tax shall distinctly state the tax and the object to which it is to be applied, and it shall not be sufficient to refer to any other law to fix such tax or object.
22. lappuse - Power with which it is at peace ; and also to use like diligence to prevent the departure from its jurisdiction of any vessel intended to cruise or carry on war as above, such vessel having been specially adapted, in whole or in part, within such jurisdiction, to warlike use.
16. lappuse - States; 5. To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures; 6. To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States; 7.