Communications Satellite Legislation: Hearings Before the Committee on Commerce, United States Senate, Eighty-seventh Congress, Second Session, on S. 2814 ... and S. 2814, Amendment ...
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1962 - 413 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities administration agencies amended appropriate areas authorized base basis believe bill cable Chairman Commission committee common carriers communications satellite system communications system companies competition complete concerned Congress consideration corporation cost countries course Department determine DINGMAN direct directors Division effective equipment establishment existing facilities fact Federal field foreign functions give going Government ground stations hearings important interest investment involved issue LAUSCHE legislation limited matter means ment million MINow NASA negotiations Office operation ownership percent possible present President problems proposed public interest question radio rates reason recommended record referred regulation respect responsibility satellite communications Senator KEFAUVER Senator McGEE Senator PASTORE Senator YARBOROUGH shares space statement technical telephone terminal thing tion United Western
24. lappuse - ... contract" means any actual or proposed contract, agreement, understanding, or other arrangement, and includes any assignment, substitution of parties, or subcontract executed or entered into thereunder; and (3) the term "made", when used in relation to any invention, means the conception or first actual reduction to practice of such invention.
18. lappuse - May purchase or lease and hold such real and personal property as it deems necessary or convenient in the transaction of its business, and may dispose of any such personal property held by it.
19. lappuse - That, subject only to the provisions of the Tennessee Valley Authority Act of 1933, as amended, the Corporation is authorized to make such expenditures and to enter into such contracts, agreements, and arrangements, upon such terms and conditions and in such manner as it may deem necessary...
65. lappuse - In order to achieve the objectives and to carry out the purposes of this Act...
152. lappuse - ... during the course of their flight through outer space. The Committee, bearing in mind that its terms of reference refer exclusively to the peaceful uses of outer space, believes that, with this practice, there may have been initiated the recognition or establishment of a generally accepted rule to the effect that, in principle, outer space is, on conditions of equality, freely available for exploration and use by all in accordance with existing or future international law or agreements.
14. lappuse - Act, the corporation is authorized to 1. plan, initiate, construct, own, manage, and operate itself or in conjunction with foreign governments or business entities a commercial communications satellite system; 2. furnish, for hire, channels of communication to United States communications common carriers and to other authorized entities, foreign and domestic; and 3. own and operate satellite terminal stations when licensed by the Commission under section 201 (c) (7).
2. lappuse - Union, and ordered to be printed [Omit the part struck through and Insert the part printed In italic] A BILL To provide for grants to States for the payment of compensation to persons injured by certain criminal acts and omissions, and for other purposes.
16. lappuse - Each member of the board, before entering upon the duties of his office, shall subscribe to an oath (or affirmation) to support the Constitution of the United States and to faithfully and impartially perform the duties imposed upon him by this Act.