OPERATIONS AND POLICIES OF THE CORPORATION
PARTICIPATION IN DEPOSIT INSURANCE:
1. Number and deposits of operating banks in the United States and pos-
sessions, December 30, 1950. .
ACTION TO PROTECT DEPOSITORS:
2. Losses to depositors and to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in
insured banks in financial difficulties, by years, 1934-1950......
3. Number of depositors, amount of deposits, recoveries, and losses in insured
banks placed in receivership or absorbed with the financial aid of the
4. Payment of deposits by the Corporation and by receivers in insured banks
placed in receivership, 1934-1950....
5. Disbursements to protect depositors, recoveries, and losses by the Cor-
poration from insured banks placed in receivership or absorbed with
its financial aid, 1934-1950.....
6. Estimated losses to the Corporation compared with disbursements, by
year of estimate, 1944-1950.....
7. Summary of unsafe and unsound banking practices and violations of laws
charged against three banks by the Corporation during 1950.....
8. Actions to terminate insured status of banks charged with engaging in
unsafe or unsound practices or violations of law or regulations, 1936-1950