January 12, 13, 16-18, 1950. 354 p
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1950 - 426 lappuses
Considers legislation to establish the National Mortgage Corporation for Housing Cooperatives. Also considers legislation to convey a public housing project to the village of Deming, N.Mex.
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
actual additional Administration agency amendment American amount apartments areas association authorized average bank basis believe bill builder building built charges committee Congress construction cooperative housing Corporation cost course difference direct dwelling economic effect estimated expenses experience fact families Federal feel field figures financing FOLEY follows funds give going Government income individual interest investment legislation lending less limited loans LOCKWOOD lower MAYBANK mean ment middle-income month mortgage operating organization payment percent period possible present proposed purchase question reason record rent rental represent reserve result savings Senator BRICKER Senator Cain Senator Douglas Senator SPARKMAN statement thing THOMPSON tion units vacancy veterans
174. lappuse - Congress hereby declares that the general welfare and security of the Nation and the health and living standards of its people require housing production and related community development sufficient to remedy the serious housing shortage, the elimination of substandard and other inadequate housing...
3. lappuse - Act, as amended ; and (2) maintain an integral set of accounts which shall be audited annually by the General Accounting Office in accordance with the principles and procedures applicable to commercial transactions as provided by the Government Corporation Control Act...
273. lappuse - This statement is submitted on behalf of the American Life Convention and the Life Insurance Association of America.
3. lappuse - In the performance of, and with respect to, the functions, powers, and duties...
2. lappuse - Treasury is authorized and directed to purchase any notes and other obligations issued hereunder and for such purpose he is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended, and the purposes for which securities may be issued...
2. lappuse - There are hereby authorized to be appropriated, out of any moneys in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated, such sums as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this Act.
7. lappuse - ... income, shall be exempt from all taxation now or hereafter imposed by the United States, by any Territory, dependency, or possession thereof, or by any State, county, municipality, or local taxing authority, except that any real property of the Corporation shall be subject to State, Territorial, county, municipal or local taxation to the same extent according to its value as other real property is taxed.
11. lappuse - The policy to be followed in attaining the national housing objective hereby established shall be : (1) private enterprise shall be encouraged to serve as large a part of the total need as it can; (2) governmental assistance shall be utilized where feasible to enable private enterprise to serve more of the total need...
3. lappuse - Administrator and the basic rate of compensation of such position shall be the same as the basic rate of compensation established for the heads of the constituent agencies of the Housing and Home Finance Agency...