Extension of Export-Import Bank Act, Hearing Before a Subcommittee of ..., 84-2 on S.3868, S.3329, and S.2256 ..., June 8, 1956
1956 - 45 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
action activities additional agency amended amount Answer applications appropriate AREY assistance authority believe bill Board of Directors borrowers carry CHAIRMAN charge Commission Committee Congress connection continue Corporation correct Council currency Department difficult dollars earn effect exchange export Export-Import Bank extend fact financing follows foreign foreign trade functions funds give going Government guaranty guaranty contract imports increase interest International issued June 30 lending less letter limiting loans losses mean million months necessary obligations operations paid payment percent period position present President private capital problem proposed question reasonable recommendation record referred requested Reserve Secretary sell Senator CAPEHART short short-term sources statement transactions transfer Treasury understand United Washington Waugh
4. lappuse - The Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and directed to purchase any notes and other obligations to be issued hereunder and for such purpose he is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act...
6. lappuse - If any provision of this Act, or the application of such provision to any person or circumstances, shall be held invalid, the remainder of this Act, or the application of such provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid, shall not be affected thereby.
41. lappuse - The objects and purposes of the bank shall be to aid in financing and to facilitate exports and imports and the exchange of commodities between the United States or any of its Territories or insular possessions and any foreign country or the agencies or nationals thereof.
4. lappuse - Each such obligation shall bear interest at a rate determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, taking into consideration the current average rate on outstanding marketable obligations of the United States as of the last day of the month preceding the issuance of the obligation of the corporation.
4. lappuse - ... to be redeemable at the option of the corporation before maturity in such manner as may be stipulated in such obligations...
5. lappuse - Administrator shall also contribute to the employees compensation fund, on the basis of annual billings as determined by the Secretary of Labor for the benefit payments made from such fund on account of employees engaged in carrying out the functions financed by such revolving fund.
4. lappuse - Administrator to be issued hereunder and for such purpose the Secretary of the Treasury is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended, and the purposes for which securities may be issued under such Act, as amended, are extended to include any purchases of such notes and obligations.
6. lappuse - ... intent to defraud the Corporation or wrongfully and unlawfully to defeat its purposes, shall, on conviction thereof, be fined not more than $5,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. REPORTS TO CONGRESS SEC. 10. The Corporation shall submit to the President for transmission to the Congress at the beginning of each regular session an annual report of its operations under this Act.
3. lappuse - Government, shall receive out of funds made available for the purposes of this title a per diem allowance of $50 for each day spent away from their homes or regular places of business for the purpose of attendance at meetings of the board or at conferences held upon the call of the chairman, and in necessary travel, and while so engaged they may be paid actual travel expenses and not to exceed $10 per diem in lieu of subsistence and other expenses.