National Education Improvement Act of 1963: A Compilation of Materials ... for the Subcommittee on Education of the Committee on Labor and Public Welfare, United States Senate
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1963 - 139 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accordance action activities additional administration allotment amended amount annual application appropriated approved areas assistance attendance authorized average basis bill carrying centum Commissioner Congress construction cost court Defense Education Act determined educational agency effective elementary eligible employed ending June 30 entitled equipment establish estimated expanded expenditures extended Federal property finds fiscal year ending free public education funds further graduate grants higher education improvement increase institutions of higher interest labor less limited loan local educational agency means meet ment million National Defense Education necessary Office paid paragraph payments percent period personnel persons preceding present Public Law pursuant reasonable receive regulations relating residing respect salary school district school facilities secondary schools sentence subsection sums supported teachers teaching term tion United vocational education
110. lappuse - The judgment of the court affirming or setting aside, in whole or in part, any action of the Secretary shall be final, subject to review by the Supreme Court of the United States upon certiorari or certification as provided in section 1254 of title 28, United States Code.
68. lappuse - Such notes or other obligations shall bear interest at a rate determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, taking into consideration the current average market yield on outstanding marketable obligations of the United States of comparable maturities during the month preceding the issuance of the notes or other obligations.
115. lappuse - All laborers and mechanics employed by contractors or subcontractors on all construction projects assisted under this Act shall be paid wages at rates not less than those prevailing on similar construction in the locality, as determined by the Secretary of Labor in accordance with the Davis-Bacon...
68. lappuse - (1) prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this part; "(2) sue and be sued in any court of record of a State having general jurisdiction or in any district court of the United States, and such district courts shall have jurisdiction of civil actions arising under this...
68. lappuse - ... from the application of sections 507 (b) and 2679 of title 28 of the United States Code and of section 367 of the Revised Statutes (5 USC 316...
68. lappuse - All redemptions, purchases, and sales by the Secretary of the Treasury of such notes or other obligations shall be treated as public debt transactions of the United States.
111. lappuse - ... is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association or, if not so accredited, is an institution whose credits are accepted, on transfer, by not less than three institutions which are so accredited, for credit on the same basis as if transferred from an institution so accredited.
111. lappuse - institution of higher education" means" an educational institution in any State which (1) admits as regular students only persons having a certificate of graduation from a school providing secondary education, or the recognized equivalent of such a certificate, (2) is legally authorized within such State to provide a program of education beyond secondary...
86. lappuse - Islands. (b) The amount of any State's allotment under subsection (a) for any fiscal year which the Commissioner determines will not be required for such fiscal year shall be available for reallotment from time to time, on such dates during such year as the Commissioner may fix, to other States in proportion to the original allotments to such States under...
125. lappuse - local educational agency" means a board of education or other legally constituted local school authority having administrative control and direction of free public education in a county, township, independent, or other school district located within a State...