Pantology: Or, A Systematic Survey of Human Knowledge; Proposing a Classification of All Its Branches and Illustrating Their History, Relations, Uses, and Objects; with a Synopsis of Their Leading Facts and Principles; and a Select Catalogue of Books on All Subjects, Suitable for a Cabinet Library
Hogan & Thompson, 1841 - 587 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action ages already America ancient angle animals appears applied became become belongs body branch called causes character chief chiefly Christian cities commenced common comprehends connected consists constitute contains derived died distinct divided division duties early earth east England equal expressed extended farther force former four France French German give Greek head hence History human ideas important invention islands Italian Italy John kind king knowledge known land language Latin latter laws less light means mentioned Moral nature object organs origin Persian persons plane plants poem present president principles probably produced reason reference regarded relations religion remains require Roman Rome sense side sometimes sound term tion treat United usually various whole writing written
61. lappuse - God is not a man, that he should lie;. neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it ? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
79. lappuse - All bills for raising revenue must originate in the house of representatives ; but the senate may propose or concur with amendments, as on other bills.
300. lappuse - Aries the Ram, Taurus the Bull, Gemini the Twins, Cancer the Crab, Leo the Lion, Virgo the Virgin, Libra the Balance, Scorpio the Scorpion, Sagittarius the Archer, Capricornus the Goat, Aquarius the Waterbearer, and Pisces the Fishes...
267. lappuse - ... then multiply the second and third terms together, and divide their product by the first, the quotient will be the fourth term or answer, in the same denomination vj'ilh the third term.
280. lappuse - In spherical triangles, the sines of the sides are proportional to the sines of the opposite angles. In...
267. lappuse - Since the square of a binomial is equal to the square of the first term, plus twice the product of the first term by the second, plus the square of the second...
81. lappuse - States provides that the United States shall guaranty to every State in the Union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion, and, on the application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic violence.
79. lappuse - Indian tribes; to fix the standard of weights and measures ; to establish post-offices and post-roads ; to declare war ; to raise and support armies ; to provide and maintain a navy...