Departments of Labor and Health, Education, and Welfare Appropriations for 1974: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives, Ninety-third Congress, First Session, 3. daļa
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Appropriations. Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, and Health, Education, and Welfare, and Related Agencies
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1973
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action activities additional Administration agencies amount appropriation areas assistance authority average benefits Board budget Bureau Chairman changes Commission Committee compensation continue contract cost decisions decrease Department direct Director economic effective efforts employees employment established Estimate evaluation Executive expected expenses Federal field fiscal year 1974 Flood follows funds going Government grants groups hearing improve increase industry KOLBERG Labor legislation major manpower meet ment MICHEL million needs objectives obligations occupational Office operations opportunity organizations payments percent permanent personnel persons plans positions present problems productivity projects proposed railroad received record reduction regional reports request responsibility result safety Salaries Secretary selected served sharing staff standards stations studies things tion veterans volunteers wage workers
180. lappuse - ... the reviewing court shall decide all relevant questions of law, interpret constitutional and statutory provisions, and determine the meaning or applicability of the terms of an agency action. The reviewing court shall: 1 . compel agency action unlawfully withheld or unreasonably delayed; and 2. hold unlawful and set aside agency action, findings, and conclusions found to be: a) arbitrary, capricious, an abuse of discretion, or otherwise not in accordance with law...
103. lappuse - Financial and administrative services (including those related to budgeting and accounting, financial reporting, personnel, and procurement) shall be provided the Commission by the General Services Administration, for which payment shall be made in advance, or by reimbursement, from funds of the Commission in such amounts as may be agreed upon by the Chairman of the Commission and the...
241. lappuse - The disputes between an employee or group of employees and a carrier or carriers growing out of grievances or out of the interpretation or application of agreements concerning rates of pay, rules, or working conditions...
238. lappuse - If a dispute between a carrier and its employees be not adjusted under the foregoing provisions of this Act and should, in the judgment of the Mediation Board, threaten substantially to interrupt interstate commerce to a degree such as to deprive any section of the country of essential transportation service...
162. lappuse - The General Counsel of the Board shall exercise general supervision over all attorneys employed by the Board (other than trial examiners and legal assistants to Board members) and over the officers and employees in the regional offices.
162. lappuse - He shall have final authority, on behalf of the Board, in respect of the investigation of charges and issuance of complaints under section 10, and in respect of the prosecution of such complaints before the Board, and shall have such other duties as the Board may prescribe or as may be provided by law.
317. lappuse - I am referring to such programs as the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Occupational Safety and Health Act, and the Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act.
227. lappuse - ... to exert every reasonable effort to make and maintain agreements concerning rates of pay, rules, and working conditions, and to settle all disputes, whether arising out of the application of such agreements or otherwise, in order to avoid any interruption to commerce or to the operation of any carrier growing out of any dispute between the carrier and the employees thereof.