Amending the Older Americans Act of 1965: Hearing Before the Special Subcommittee on Aging...91-1, on S. 268, S. 2120, H.R. 11235, June 19, 1969
1969 - 162 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
action activities Administration agency Aging aides allotment amended amount appropriations assistance Association authorized believe better bill California carry Center Chairman Club Commission Committee concern conference Congress continue contracts coordination Council demonstration Department Director Economic Education effective elderly ending established evaluation exercise extend Federal feel fiscal foster grandparents funds give going grants Health homes hope Hospital House HUGHES important increase individuals institution interest involved Islands June 30 kind Labor legislation lives meet million objection Office Older Americans Act older persons operation opportunity ordered organizations participants percent planning present President problems projects proposed received record Representatives retirement School Secretary Senator KENNEDY senior citizens senior companion SERVE social staff statement strengthen thereof things tion volunteer volunteer program week Welfare
45. lappuse - Mr. President, I ask unanimous consent that the letter of request, dated September 25, 1970, be printed at this point in the Record. (There being no objection, the letter was ordered to be printed in the Record, as follows : ) SEPTEMBER 25, 1970.
83. lappuse - Efficient community services which provide social assistance in a coordinated manner and which are readily available when needed. (9) Immediate benefit from proven research knowledge which can sustain and improve health and happiness. (10) Freedom, independence, and the free exercise of individual initiative in planning and managing their own lives.
24. lappuse - Pursuit of meaningful activity within the widest range of civic, cultural, and recreational opportunities.
44. lappuse - ... be printed in the Record. The PRESIDING OFFICER. Without objection, it is so ordered. The amendment is as follows : "Beginning on page 4, line 24, strike out '(other than a crew leader as defined in section 3121 (o)'.
50. lappuse - God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
8. lappuse - State shall be available for reallotment from time to time, on such dates as the Secretary may fix, to other States which the Secretary determines...
51. lappuse - Now, therefore, be it Resolved by the Senate (the House of Representatives concurring...
24. lappuse - The Congress hereby finds and declares that the public interest requires the enactment of legislation to formulate recommendations for immediate action in improving and developing programs to permit the country to take advantage of the experience and skills of the older persons in our population, to create conditions which will better enable them to meet their needs and to further research on aging.
60. lappuse - Act before the Select Subcommittee on Education of the House Committee on Education and Labor. In that statement on page 5 the following sentence appears : "Average book prices rose 45 percent between 1960 and 1965.
83. lappuse - We take special pride in the role we played in the struggle for medical assistance to the aging under social security. In recent years, a different kind of need became apparent. Compulsory early retirement created a new type of senior citizen; the vital elderly person who has a need...