Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action agreement alleged Allen appears applied assignment authority Bank Barb benefit bill building carry cause Cent charge claim common condition Conn Constitution construction contract conveyed corporation court creditors damages death debt deed defendant delivered duty effect entitled equity evidence executed existence fact follows gift give given grant held hold injury intention interest Iowa issued Johns judge judgment jury land liable lien lots Mass matter means ment mortgage necessary notice object opinion owner paid parties passed payment performance person plaintiff possession premises present purchase question railroad reason received recover rule Smith statute stream street suit taken tion tract trust United wall West York
67. lappuse - ... after the allowance of such a claim, the ascertainment of the amount due, and the issuing of a warrant for the payment thereof. Such transfers, assignments, and powers of attorney, must recite the warrant for payment, and must be acknowledged by the person making them, before an officer having authority to take acknowledgments of deeds, and shall be certified by the officer ; and it must appear by the certificate that the officer, at the time of the acknowledgment, read and fully explained the...
89. lappuse - We hold it to be an incontrovertible principle, that the government of the United States may, by means of physical force, exercised through its official agents, execute on every foot of American soil the powers and functions that belong to it.
196. lappuse - And no subject shall be arrested, imprisoned, despoiled, or deprived of his property, immunities, or privileges, put out of the protection of the law, exiled, or deprived of his life, liberty, or estate, but by the judgment of his peers, or the law of the land.
86. lappuse - The Constitution and laws of the United States are the supreme law of the land, and to these every citizen of every State owes obedience, whether in his individual or official capacity.
409. lappuse - As the credibility of witnesses and the weight to be given to their testimony are...
417. lappuse - A valuable consideration, in the sense of the law, may consist either in some right, interest, profit, or benefit accruing to the one party, or some forbearance, detriment, loss or responsibility given, suffered, or undertaken by the other.
88. lappuse - When the petitioner is in custody by state authority for an act done or omitted to be done in pursuance of a law of the United States...
106. lappuse - A charity, in the legal sense, may be more fully defined as a gift, to be applied consistently with existing laws, for the benefit of an indefinite number of persons, either by bringing their minds or hearts under the influence of education or religion, by relieving their bodies from disease, suffering or constraint, by assisting them to establish themselves in life, or by erecting or maintaining public buildings or works or otherwise lessening the burdens of government.
69. lappuse - RANDOLPH during the pleasure of the President of the United States, for the time being, and until the end of the next session of the Senate of the United States, and no longer.
342. lappuse - It is a familiar canon of construction that a thing which is within the intention of the makers of a statute is as much within the statute as if it were within the letter; and a thing which is within the letter of the statute is not within the statute unless it be within the intention of the makers.