The Miscellaneous Reports: Cases Decided in the Inferior Courts of Record of the State of New York, 115. sējums
New York (State). Courts, Francis Blaine Delehanty (Reporter), Austin B. Griffin (Reporter), Robert George Scherer (Reporter), Edward Jordan Dimock (Reporter), Joseph Albert Lawson (Reporter), Charles Cook Lester (Reporter), William Van Rensselaer Erving (Reporter), Louis J. Rezzemini (Reporter)
James B. Lyon, 1921
"Cases decided in the courts of record of the state of New York, other than the Court of Appeals and the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, including the Appellate Term of the Supreme Court for the hearing of appeals from the City Court of the city of New York and the Municipal Court of the city of New York; special terms and trial terms of the Supreme Court, City Court of the city of New York, the Court of general sessions of the peace in and for the city and county of New York, county courts, and the Surrogates' Courts." (varies slightly)
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accepted action agreement alleged amended amount appears Appellate Term application assessment authority building cause chap chapter charge claim Code common Company Constitution construction contained contract corporation costs counsel County damages death decision defendant Department determine direct duty effect entered entitled evidence executed executors existing fact filed fixed follows further give given granted held intention interest issue judgment June jurisdiction jury justice landlord lease legislature limited March Matter ment Misc motion Municipal named notice obtain officers operation opinion paid parties payment performance person plaintiff possession premises present prior proceeding provisions public service commission purchase question reason received relator rent respondent rule statute street Supreme Court tenant thereof tion transfer trial trust United violation York
84. lappuse - ... free and firm on the theoretic and visionary fear that this Government, the world's best hope, may by possibility want energy to preserve itself ? I trust not. I believe this, on the contrary, the strongest Government on earth.
163. lappuse - ... the buyer shall be liable to the seller for no greater damages than the seller would have suffered if he did nothing towards carrying out the contract or the sale after receiving notice of the buyer's repudiation or countermand. The profit the seller would have made if the contract or the sale had been fully performed shall be considered in estimating such damages.
159. lappuse - Where, under a contract to sell or a sale, the price is payable on a day certain, irrespective of delivery or of transfer of title, and the buyer wrongfully neglects or refuses to pay such price, the seller may maintain an action for the price, although the property in the goods has not passed, and the goods have not been appropriated to the contract.
562. lappuse - When any of the matters enumerated in section forty, do not appear upon the face of the complaint, the objection may be taken by answer.
308. lappuse - A conviction cannot be had upon the testimony of an accomplice, unless he be corroborated by such other evidence as tends to connect the defendant with the commission of the offense, and the corroboration is not sufficient if It merely shows the commission of the offense or the circumstances thereof.
232. lappuse - The provisions of this chapter shall not be construed in any manner to affect or impair the title of a purchaser for a valuable consideration, unless it shall appear that such purchaser had previous notice of the fraudulent intent of his immediate grantor, or of the fraud rendering void the title of such grantor.
667. lappuse - ... and such right of inheritance extends to the heirs and next of kin of the person adopted, and such heirs and next of kin shall be the same as if he were the legitimate child of the person adopting...
128. lappuse - ... in competition with another common carrier which is required by law to obtain the consent of the local authorities of said city to operate over the streets thereof...
334. lappuse - But if they are so mutually connected with and dependent on each other as conditions, considerations or compensations for each other, as to warrant a belief that the legislature intended them as a whole, and that if all could not be carried into effect the legislature would not pass the residue independently...