Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Bieži izmantoti vārdi un frāzes
acoustic active analysis applications approach areas associated atoms cells Center changes complex composites conducted continued density dependent described determine devices direct distribution effects efforts electron energy Engineering environment example experiments field Figure forces function growth heat important improve increase indicate initial Laboratory limited materials measured mechanisms memory metal method MICHIGAN molecular natural Naval Research Navy object observed obtained occur ocean Office of Naval opening operations organisms performance physical planning plasma possible prediction present problem production properties range reaction recent region reported response Reviews scale Science scientific scientists shark ship shown shows single space specific storms structure surface techniques temperature theory tion understanding University wave
13. lappuse - Can an effective program be proposed for discovering and developing scientific talent in American youth so that the continuing future of scientific research in this country may be assured on a level comparable to what has been done during the war?
7. lappuse - Branscomb is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the American Philosophical Society...
13. lappuse - With particular reference to the war of science against disease, what can be done now to organize a program for continuing in the future the work which has been done in medicine and related sciences? (3) What can the Government do now and in the future to aid research activities by public and private organizations?
4. lappuse - Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.
5. lappuse - It appears to me, Miss Leete," I said, "that if we could have devised an arrangement for providing everybody with music in their homes, perfect in quality, unlimited in quantity, suited to every mood, and beginning and ceasing at will, we should have considered the limit of human felicity already attained...
23. lappuse - ... to provide within the Department of the Navy a single office, which, by contract or otherwise, shall be able to obtain, coordinate, and make available to all bureaus and activities of the Department of the Navy, world-wide scientific information and the necessary services for conducting specialized and imaginative research...
12. lappuse - To insure continued preparedness along farsighted technical lines, the research scientists of the country must be called upon to continue in peacetime some substantial portion of those types of contribution to national security which they have made so effectively during the stress of the present war.
28. lappuse - Navy; to plan, foster, and encourage scientific research in recognition of its paramount importance as related to the maintenance of future naval power, and the preservation of national security; to provide within the Department of the Navy a single office, which, by contract and otherwise, shall be able to obtain, coordinate, and make available to all bureaus and activities of the Department of the Navy, world-wide scientific information and the necessary...
31. lappuse - Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at the University of California, Berkeley, where he has been a member of the faculty since 1970.
14. lappuse - He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, a fellow of the American Physical Society, a member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and a member of the American Philosophical Society.